Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The symptoms sound familier .....interestingly...ever since the B9 Tribeca...Subaru has used Alfa as a design consultant (you aren't imagining the similarity with the Mazda CX's and the Stelvio), and Magneti Marelli for a lot of thier engine/chassis managment stuff.

Wouldn't be surprised if they used similar "intelligent" charging algorithms...even sourced parts from the same suppliers.

You listening Alfa? You did a great job correcting consumer complaints with the 2020 refresh, are selling one of the best designed chassis' ever on the road.....someone is listening about some stuff....the charging system is more important than a touchscreen.....recall and fix would be the cheaper option that also builds goodwill with your base instead of alienating them...learn from Mazda...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Some car reviewers gush over Subarus. So much more reliable than Alfas. Really?
Every time I turn around they have a recall for some significant mechanical problem. I rented a Subaru last year. 8K miles and it had a broken suspension.
The quality of their cars made in America is trash. Not surprised they are being sued.

·
Registered
2 Posts

The symptoms sound familier .....interestingly...ever since the B9 Tribeca...Subaru has used Alfa as a design consultant (you aren't imagining the similarity with the Mazda CX's and the Stelvio), and Magneti Marelli for a lot of thier engine/chassis managment stuff.

Wouldn't be surprised if they used similar "intelligent" charging algorithms...even sourced parts from the same suppliers.

You listening Alfa? You did a great job correcting consumer complaints with the 2020 refresh, are selling one of the best designed chassis' ever on the road.....someone is listening about some stuff....the charging system is more important than a touchscreen.....recall and fix would be the cheaper option that also builds goodwill with your base instead of alienating them...learn from Mazda...
funny how i owned an outback and an alfa. American subaru used cheap parts, but alfa isn't better neither. I would still think subaru is bit more reliable if you want to take them for some light "off-roading"

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Intested in what you think are cheap parts. Not talking about the plastic in the interior. Talking about the suspension components, ball joints, bearings, transmission, differentials..etc. None of that is cheap on an Alfa. Never heard anyone call forged aluminum suspension parts cheap. The control arms and lower links, on an Alfa probably cost as much as the entier suspension on a Subaru or most other mainstream vehicles.

Guess now Subby is getting hit with an unintended acceleration case and randomly breaking windshields...sucks..they really did make a solid car before they decided to try and become a mainstream manufacturer.

Regardless I really hope Alfa has someone looking into the phantom battery draining issues, as it very likely has something to do with the "smart" algorithms used by them, Subaru and most other manufacturers...all of whom are having issues with dead batteries on new cars.

Close to 15k in just off-roading miles, 30k total. Most light, some not. Bulletproof reliability...doors close solid, 0 chassis flex, no rattles.

·
Registered
156 Posts
IBS. Intelligent battery sensor (or irritable bowel).

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Inexpensive and built to stay that way. Granted my 2004 STi was bulletproof (ALMOST). Ate front wheel bearings like candy...fixed it in 2005 but never recalled our 2004's. I got sick of AWD at the track as I learned anyway, esp with a Lotus Elise for comparison. Damn fun being sideways on a rainy track day!!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
funny how i owned an outback and an alfa. American subaru used cheap parts, but alfa isn't better neither. I would still think subaru is bit more reliable if you want to take them for some light "off-roading"
I owned a Suby Outback too (several years ago), and now a Stelvio. Won't lie, my Outback was indeed a very good car---snow, ice, mud---confident and solid, for me anyway. But, it is no Stelvio. Not even close. Have not done any light offroading yet in my Stelvio, but it handles snow and ice at least as well as my Outback did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts