Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find any other posts on this topic so sharing my experience; while installing some new cross-bars I realized the seal around my sunroof was starting to peal away. The photos below aren't the best but you can see the adhesive is no longer holding the seal completely in place. The majority of the seal around the sunroof section (retractable section) is impacted. Only a small portion of the seal on the stationary section has the same issue. I'm bringing it in the dealer today for their review and correction.

I haven't experienced leaking but I'm sure if left alone it would have been just a matter of time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the dealership is ordering parts to replace the gasket/molding piece around the sunroof. The parts should arrive within a week or so.

Unfortunately its difficult to determine root cause as I don't know how long the condition has existed. It could have been from a number factors - freezing moisture during the winter, high pressure water stream from car wash, or even the warmer temperatures could have impacted the adhesive. In either case the dealership agreed the condition should not exist and is fixing.

·
Registered
459 Posts
So the dealership is ordering parts to replace the gasket/molding piece around the sunroof. The parts should arrive within a week or so.

Unfortunately its difficult to determine root cause as I don't know how long the condition has existed. It could have been from a number factors - freezing moisture during the winter, high pressure water stream from car wash, or even the warmer temperatures could have impacted the adhesive. In either case the dealership agreed the condition should not exist and is fixing.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Could also be defective glue. It happens, some dirt gets in a machine so the adhesive isn't perfectly clean when applied...

How many miles do you have? Do you pressure wash often?

Wondering because I have the sunroof and use my pressure washer to wash the car pretty regularly, no problems so far...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could also be defective glue. It happens, some dirt gets in a machine so the adhesive isn't perfectly clean when applied...

How many miles do you have? Do you pressure wash often?

Wondering because I have the sunroof and use my pressure washer to wash the car pretty regularly, no problems so far...
Yes, I think ultimately its an issue with the glue or the application of. I've owned for 10 months, roughly 7,500 miles on it (darn Covid...). I've probably pressure washed (at car wash) less then 10 times total.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Yeah...my odometer isnt rising as fast as I'de like either.

Every time I go somewhere I wind up taking the long way just cause...

I pressure wash mine alot, but with my own equipment so, careful to not blast the seals. But there aren't a bunch of compaints about the seals, so I'de guess this will be a one off issue for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts