Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who lowered their Stelvio, did you notice any difference in your adaptive cruise control or front/rear sensors? Did you need to check for proper alignment after getting it lowered? I am thinking of installing a 1.2 inch lowering kit in my Stelvio. Marzio and Marco have provided some good input, any suggestions/input is much appreciated. One nice thing on our Stelvio, we have ground clearance to work with.
Thanks

·
Vendor
655 Posts
For those who lowered their Stelvio, did you notice any difference in your adaptive cruise control or front/rear sensors? Did you need to check for proper alignment after getting it lowered? I am thinking of installing a 1.2 inch lowering kit in my Stelvio. Marzio and Marco have provided some good input, any suggestions/input is much appreciated. One nice thing on our Stelvio, we have ground clearance to work with.
Thanks
You should always get an alignment after changing anything in the suspension. That is a rule for any vehicle.

1.2" is a mild drop and should have little to no effect on the vehicle sensors. What the sensors are looking for is still there it is just the Z position of the sensor that as changed.

Let us know if you have any other questions

·
Registered
218 Posts
You should always get an alignment after changing anything in the suspension. That is a rule for any vehicle.

1.2" is a mild drop and should have little to no effect on the vehicle sensors. What the sensors are looking for is still there it is just the Z position of the sensor that as changed.

Do you have any pics of a Stelvio lowered with those springs?

Reactions: Banffstelvio

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks for the info, I have no idea what the “Z” position is, but ok.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thanks for the info, I have no idea what the “Z” position is, but ok.
Vertical axis in three dimensional space. Conventionally labeled x for left/right, y for back/forward and z for up/down when looking at an object.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Marzio, when you did the lowering springs and had things realigned, did you stick with the stock alignment specs or do a little black magic>> Oh say add a little camber, dial out some front toe, increase caster...???

Reactions: Flunx

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
With your track days, are you seeing a lot of outer edge wear?? Sticking with 30/33 or adding a few pounds up front?

Reactions: Flunx

·
Registered
79 Posts
That looks awesome! But a little scared to lower the Stelvio since it does not have a protective shield for transmission pan and transfer case. Madness Autowerks i hope you guys will build a shield to protect it thanks!

·
Vendor
655 Posts
That looks awesome! But a little scared to lower the Stelvio since it does not have a protective shield for transmission pan and transfer case. Madness Autowerks i hope you guys will build a shield to protect it thanks!
We've lowered our Stevlio about 2" or so and the underside has not been an issue at all. It is not slammed down like our Giulia so it still has a lot of ground clearance. It is also an Alfa so it doesn't hit trails and rock crawling like our Jeep does.

The Stelvio really is not designed for offroad work at all. The suspension and tires alone are all wrong for that. So around town, at the mall, on the ferry, etc you'll be fine with a lowered Stelvio.

Come stop by the TX shop sometime and take a look at ours.

·
Registered
218 Posts
How much does ride quality suffer after installing these springs?

Real life experiences count the most as opposed to testing them on a racetrack...

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good question, I would think there would not be any noticeable difference. 1.2 inch drop is not that much and might only come into play if on a really bad road with big bumps to cause the suspension to bottom out. I guess it would also depend if the after market springs are of a type to be a firmer setup. Maybe Madness could let us know how their springs rate in that area.

·
Registered
79 Posts
MADNESS AUTOWERKS I see you have a store in Cali Do you guys do install in that facility? Tow mods i'm interested once i get my green slip lol... Lowering springs and your Exhaust with carbon fiber tips

1 - 20 of 29 Posts