Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Vendor
655 Posts
MADNESS AUTOWERKS I see you have a store in Cali Do you guys do install in that facility? Tow mods i'm interested once i get my green slip lol... Lowering springs and your Exhaust with carbon fiber tips
We most certainly do install in our CA facility and we would be glad to help you out.

Shoot me an email ([email protected]) and we can get into the details.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This is the result of the 1.2 inch lowering springs from H&R Suspension. The springs offer the same lowering as Madness and are made in Germany so they can be assumed to be the same component? I've also added a set of 20" over the stock 18's. Looks of the vehicle are improved as many have noted but I made the change for improved handling.

From the driver's seat things are dramatically improved. No longer does this car feel like a truck. It drives like a hot hatch rather than a sporty SUV. Lowering the vehicle just 1.2" allows me to feel like the vehicle is riding in a lane not on top of it. It's a minor thing but important for me as it was far different than my Giulia. There's less pitch when stopping and less roll when turning. The suspension feels like it has about the same compliance as stock, which I appreciate for the patch work paved county roads here, but with slight increase in firmness and harshness. I was able to bottom the front on an aforementioned type road while aggressively braking into a turn. I assume the lowering of a car comes with the loss of suspension travel. The overall feel is more confidence inspiring, the 20's contributing to that impression.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Glad you are happy.
When we had 4 cyl loaners, the wife didnt appreciate the softer suspension movement, she much prefers the stiffer quad set up.
I rather enjoyed the compliant set up though; maybe coming from alfettas and long travel dirtbikes made it seem less foreign to me?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
We are getting to a point where we have 2 thngs to consider here. So far , all I hear about is the amount of drop. What I want to know is the spring rates of stock v each of these setups. As Lost said, I like the compliance and its gonna take more than lower springs to make me remotely interested. Are lowered vehicles 10% fimer?? 25% firmer. Quad level firm etc???
On the other hand, lowering the vehicle is a much more appropriate way to modify the vehicle than spacers, wider heavier tires and wheels (unsprung weight) etc IMHO.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The whole swap cost me just under 3K. Yes, I could have gotten the TiSport with 20's, maybe with dynamic suspension for about the same $, but it wouldn't be lowered. That 1.2" drop does it for me. Ideally, coil over's all around would be the performance way to go but far more expensive.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
122 Posts
With a 2" drop, the Stelvio can be aligned to be in spec, or it needs some camber arms and such?
The Madness springs are linear, or progressive?
I have just watches Auto Fanatic's video, with his QV Giulia and he mentions some ST springs that are linear.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts