Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,
I have a Stelvio Quadrifoglio 2018 now from a year I am noticing that the ride is really stiff and bumpy.
Even if you change to different modes I really don’t feel any difference in how suspensions are working.
Anyone feel the same ?
Thank you to let me know

·
Registered
127 Posts
When you switch from N to D does the mode button turn white? Then when you switch to R does it turn Red?
Does the display give you any warnings?

There is a noticeable difference from the dampners especially in Red aka Race mode.
Regardless of mode you bought a sports performance SUV its not going to be smooth.

Ian

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was actually changing mine yesterday every 10 seconds or so on a bumpy road. I did not think it made any difference at all in any of the three damper settings

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you switch from N to D does the mode button turn white? Then when you switch to R does it turn Red?

There is a noticeable difference from the dampners especially in Red aka Race mode.
Regardless of mode you bought a sports performance SUV its not going to be smooth.

Ian

Ian
Yes all works about lights from red to white
I also have a Giulia Quadrifoglio and definitely you can fell a difference in all mode and settings, same on all others
Sport Cars I have.
But on the Stelvio I feel 0 difference in all modes and in all settings.
This is why I am wondering if I may have an issues or it is what ever it is.
Thank you

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
If the road surfaces are smooth I can see you not noticing the difference.
On harsher surfaces it should be apparent, at least between soft and hard.
Giulia has a softer ride to start with, so maybe the shock settings make more of a difference.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I notice a very slight difference when in “D” vs “N”.

A good test is on a highway that has expansion joints. You can change the dial and run the test over the same road imperfection

Definitely not as noticeable a change as with the Giulia with suspension in soft mode.

Maybe also check your tires to make sure they are not overinflated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I notice a very slight difference when in “D” vs “N”.

A good test is on a highway that has expansion joints. You can change the dial and run the test over the same road imperfection

Definitely not as noticeable a change as with the Giulia with suspension in soft mode.

Maybe also check your tires to make sure they are not overinflated.
Thank you I checked the tires psi and drove it as you said on a part of the FWY that has continues imperfections and I truly don’t see a difference in any mode. With the Giulia instead at the same part of the FWY there is a big difference in different modes.
I am thinking that also the issue can be that I have pirelli run flat tires on the Stelvio.
Thank you for your reply 🙏🏻

·
Registered
127 Posts
Oh Run Flats are terrible tires I have them on my Wifes mini they ride harsh all the time.
That could very well be your problem Michelin 4S SUV tire will ride like you want.

Ian

·
Registered
34 Posts
Oh Run Flats are terrible tires I have them on my Wifes mini they ride harsh all the time.
That could very well be your problem Michelin 4S SUV tire will ride like you want.

Ian
In general this is almost always true. I swapped the run flats on my prior Giulia with Non-run flat summer tires and the ride was MUCH better and the tire noise was a lot less.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Dear All,
I have a Stelvio Quadrifoglio 2018 now from a year I am noticing that the ride is really stiff and bumpy.
Even if you change to different modes I really don’t feel any difference in how suspensions are working.
Anyone feel the same ?
Thank you to let me know
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares

1 - 10 of 10 Posts