Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Sport Q4 Nor-Cal PRK
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Stelvio Q4 Produced 10/2017, and it's infotainment system is currently running on SW Version 002.009.043

Now somewhere along the line there was a Software Upgrade that increased the Picture Size of the Backup Camera.

I've read that SW Version MV-002.009.059 (February 2019) is the most recent and up-to-date SW Version for my Infotainment Hardware.

I also have the Feb. 2019 FCA Service Bulletin MV-002.009.059 - BUT for this particular update it does not list the increase in Backup Camera picture.

Here's the link to that Service Bulletin: http://home.planet.nl/~jwq/giulia_x...ware Enhancements RAN RAP RAJ RAG and RSD.pdf

Can anybody tell me if MV-002.009.059 will also incorporate a PREVIOUS SW Upgrade that will increase the Backup Camera Picture?

I hope I'm making myself clear ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Guys - I see where the confusion is for the latest software upgrade to what is called "old hardware" on our Stelvio's.

I hope these pics of the Service Bulletins are worth 1,000 Words ;)

@ALFAOFFROAD : I'm onboard with you, your concerns are the same as mine, making sure that I upgrade to the latest software that would incorporate all of the previous software upgrades.

From what I'm reading in the Service Bulletins, @jwq2 is correct in saying that CURRENTLY (November 2020) software upgrade 002.010.041 is the latest upgrade that we know about in the free information forum outside of Alfa-Romeo.

RE: NAFTA SW RELEASE for Infotainment System (OLD HARDWARE)

OK - I've taken a picture of each of the Service Bulletins and this should clarify any concerns.

SW Version MV-002.009.059 (February 2019)

SW Version 002.010.041 (March 2020)

So I guess the last remaining question is does ALFA-ROMEO "bundle" the previous software releases into their latest/current software release OR do you have to go back and "build" each release upon the next release, eventually making your way up to the latest/current release?!?!

Hope all this helps - discussion welcome and encouraged!

·
Registered
503 Posts
see link : infotainment updates for info on firmware/map updates.
In principle each update is not dependent on previous ones.
For the newer hardware, some updates require minimum firmware versions of additional modules to support possible new functionalities. This does not apply to the older hardware though. So you can simply update to 002.010.041 in one go without issues

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK - just wanted to close the loop.

So I went from SW Version 002.009.043 to SW Version 002.010.041 in "one go" as @jwq2 said it could be done.

The process took about 20 minutes, and I now have a much larger backup camera picture.

The resolution is the same, BUT the backup camera can now be used for it's intended purpose.

No more squinting at the camera, trying to decipher what is going on, giving up and looking over my shoulder.

I also got larger fonts in the infotainment system, so easier to glance at the infotainment screen and see the information while driving.

I'm sure there's a lot more improvements but that's what immediately stood out to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
OK - just wanted to close the loop.

So I went from SW Version 002.009.043 to SW Version 002.010.041 in "one go" as @jwq2 said it could be done.

The process took about 20 minutes, and I now have a much larger backup camera picture.

The resolution is the same, BUT the backup camera can now be used for it's intended purpose.

No more squinting at the camera, trying to decipher what is going on, giving up and looking over my shoulder.

I also got larger fonts in the infotainment system, so easier to glance at the infotainment screen and see the information while driving.

I'm sure there's a lot more improvements but that's what immediately stood out to me.
Can you provide pics?

·
Registered
36 Posts
.059 would also include the previous version changes though... no?

Really suck if we had to be sure every update was loaded individually...
I called the dealer service department yesterday and they told me there isn't any updates for my VIN number. I asked her how I could look up my current software version and she said she didn't know. I have a 2019 but took possession in November of 2018. How can I check the software version I currently have, and if it needs to be updated how do I do that? Thanks as always.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@RossoStelvio

To get a complete understanding, you need to read the excellent guide that forum member @jwq2 wrote at this link: How to: Infotainment updates

Look at the silver sticker in your driver door sill, and obtain the production date of your Stelvio (Month/Year), as that's one part of the "equation".

Then, go into your infotainment system and take a pic OR write down the current version of the software that's installed - here's the pathway:

"Easy way to see which system you have is by looking at the firmware version via the system menu"
<settings> <system> <software update> <current version>

Get back to us with the production date and software version - take pic of sticker & infotainment screen (advantage: no chance of transposing mistakes) OR write down the info.

Hope that helps -

·
Registered
36 Posts
@RossoStelvio

To get a complete understanding, you need to read the excellent guide that forum member @jwq2 wrote at this link: How to: Infotainment updates

Look at the silver sticker in your driver door sill, and obtain the production date of your Stelvio (Month/Year), as that's one part of the "equation".

Then, go into your infotainment system and take a pic OR write down the current version of the software that's installed - here's the pathway:

"Easy way to see which system you have is by looking at the firmware version via the system menu"

Get back to us with the production date and software version - take pic of sticker & infotainment screen (advantage: no chance of transposing mistakes) OR write down the info.

Hope that helps -
Thanks. I'll take some pics and get back to you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
@RossoStelvio

Hope that helps -

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
@RossoStelvio

I have a feeling that you might be reading the forum over a phone.

If that's the case, I suggest you put down the phone and read this thread, as well as the linked thread, on a full size computer screen, as it's a lot of info to digest ;)

@jwq2 replied to you in Post 15 of this thread:
" That's the newer hardware... There is a newer firmware version for this then what you have now, at least 090.000.061 "

So, it's been established that your Stelvio has the NEWER INFOTAINMENT HARDWARE, and the most recent software update that end users know about is " at least 090.000.061 "

The updated software he's writing about, as well as a .pdf doc written by Alfa-Romeo explaining the updates within that software, is available via links within the guide that he wrote at this link - click on the red letters to get to the link: How to: Infotainment updates

Hope that helps -

·
Registered
36 Posts
@RossoStelvio

I have a feeling that you might be reading the forum over a phone.

If that's the case, I suggest you put down the phone and read this thread, as well as the linked thread, on a full size computer screen, as it's a lot of info to digest ;)

@jwq2 replied to you in Post 15 of this thread:
" That's the newer hardware... There is a newer firmware version for this then what you have now, at least 090.000.061 "

So, it's been established that your Stelvio has the NEWER INFOTAINMENT HARDWARE, and the most recent software update that end users know about is " at least 090.000.061 "

The updated software he's writing about, as well as a .pdf doc written by Alfa-Romeo explaining the updates within that software, is available via links within the guide that he wrote at this link - click on the red letters to get to the link: How to: Infotainment updates

Hope that helps -
Actually I was reading this off a desktop. You are correct in that I used my phone to take the pictures and post them. There is a lot of info. Thanks for reposting the link. Appreciate everyone's help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts