Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my Stelvio for a month and noticed few annoying things, haven’t read about ppl experiencing similar. When I turn off the engine and try to roll the windows up they always go down, and I have to play with buttons back and fourth before I finally succeed and close windows. Sometimes system reboots randomly for no reason at all. Every time I get in the car there is a surprise seat position with a seat moved back all the way where I have to stretch my whole body to press on a gas to start the car. My radio stations are also never as I left them...I constantly feel like “someone” is f****ng w me...the scariest was on the highway today I decided to try “N” mode and while pressing gas harder the car just didn’t gain speed evenly (not sure how else to explain this) it didn’t accelerate for a while and then bam gained 15mph in 1 sec.
I keep complaining to my Hb and he says his RRover does worser things and no car is perfect. Does this sounds ok to u?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have my Stelvio for a month and noticed few annoying things, haven’t read about ppl experiencing similar. When I turn off the engine and try to roll the windows up they always go down, and I have to play with buttons back and fourth before I finally succeed and close windows. Sometimes system reboots randomly for no reason at all. Every time I get in the car there is a surprise seat position with a seat moved back all the way where I have to stretch my whole body to press on a gas to start the car. My radio stations are also never as I left them...I constantly feel like “someone” is f****ng w me...the scariest was on the highway today I decided to try “N” mode and while pressing gas harder the car just didn’t gain speed evenly (not sure how else to explain this) it didn’t accelerate for a while and then bam gained 15mph in 1 sec.
I keep complaining to my Hb and he says his RRover does worser things and no car is perfect. Does this sounds ok to u?
I just tried rolling up my windows after turning off the engine and it rolls up. Something could be wrong with yours?

My infotainment system has rebooted 2x since I've had the car, but noticed it reboot only when playing a certain FLAC file from a USB drive.

The driver seats for me slide back after I turn off the engine and open the door and stays that way until I start the engine again. I think this is a design feature for easy entry and exit. One thing I noticed though is that if you set the seat memory function this feature seams to disappear.

I've not had the sudden surge in speed in any mode on the DNA.

I don't use FM or Sirius much and use mostly Bluetooth streaming it the USB drive and have not experienced what you mentioned. My last music on the USB is the some that comes on when I get back into the car.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possibly something is wrong? But the problem is that I have no proof it all happens randomly:( Sometimes I roll windows up and they work just fine, sometimes seats return into previous position and sometimes I have to press a memory button to go back - 95% of the time the car behaves perfectly fine but the remaining 5% is a bit unpredictable was just wondering if anyone else had glitches like this time to time and if this is concidered normal for a car? Oh a new one happened last night....car was off and supposedly locked with side mirrors folded and , yet Hb was able to open the door to get something out (he had no keys on him)- he was surprised as well and told me to always double check now by trying back doors.... This is my first car and I don’t have much experience.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I used to have to readjust the seat for the same reason (it stayed fully back and didn't resume the set position) but haven't had to do that in the last few weeks so I'd forgotten all about it. I'm sure I set the seat properly etc. Hopefully it settles in for you as well!

·
Registered
478 Posts
If you bought a Stelvio which had been in inventory for a while you may just need to fully charge the battery. Stelvio’s battery system is insanely sensitive to low state of charge and other users on this forum with electrical gremlins have solved them by taking a long enough (2 hour or so) drive to get the alternator to fully charge the battery. I’d have your dealer do a state of charge check.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I've noticed the window thing two or three things, never been able to reproduce it.

as for the seat position, it does move back for entry / exit, which I believe does have it's own memory position. with the car shut off and the door open, set the seat down and back for your exit / entry position. Then start the car, set your seat position, make sure to save it to a memory button. It should be consistent after that. If you do move the car with the door open (like you are going to inch forward in a parking lot while looking down), it will not return to your memory setting, you'll need the door button to do that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
another bug I found or something they should change is when you are on you handsfree phone talking that if you turn your car off and leave the vehicle it does not disengage and your call goes dead,,, all my lexus cars all would still allow you to continue your call when you leave the car it just reverts back to your phone

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you bought a Stelvio which had been in inventory for a while you may just need to fully charge the battery. Stelvio’s battery system is insanely sensitive to low state of charge and other users on this forum with electrical gremlins have solved them by taking a long enough (2 hour or so) drive to get the alternator to fully charge the battery. I’d have your dealer do a state of charge check.
second that. battery seems the main suspect and red line.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I haven’t seen any of these issues yet, but yes, battery charge state is crucial on these cars, best off to head to the dealer and tell them the problems, you could tell them to check the Battery Charge State in the ECM live data, they should know but it must be above 65% (ideally over 75%) for the systems to function properly.
I agree about the Rovers though, they have quite a few issues, lol.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
second that. battery seems the main suspect and red line.
I haven’t seen any of these issues yet, but yes, battery charge state is crucial on these cars, best off to head to the dealer and tell them the problems, you could tell them to check the Battery Charge State in the ECM live data, they should know but it must be above 65% (ideally over 75%) for the systems to function properly.
I agree about the Rovers though, they have quite a few issues, lol.
Thanks guys, will check the battery charge...hopefully that’s it...will keep u posted. Btw is there a way to check without going to the dealer?? Or no

·
Registered
478 Posts
Really the dealer is best equipped to check state of charge on your battery. In theory if your battery is at 100% SOC it would test at greater than 12.6V with a multimeter. But that’s an estimate. IIRC the SOC test at the dealer involves pulling the battery and running it on a specific piece of testing gear for a couple of hours.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really the dealer is best equipped to check state of charge on your battery. In theory if your battery is at 100% SOC it would test at greater than 12.6V with a multimeter. But that’s an estimate. IIRC the SOC test at the dealer involves pulling the battery and running it on a specific piece of testing gear for a couple of hours.

Oh, I see and here I thought I can quickly just do it lol- pardon my ignorance. Will schedule an aptmnt right after Holliday’s as I see now it’s a couple of hrs thing:(( Thank you so much for your advice.

·
Registered
478 Posts
No worries. Electrical things are annoying gremlins to hunt down and fix. I do think your battery is likely at fault though. At a guess it’s going to come back at 60% SOC. Just make sure you tell the dealer all the symptoms and that other Stelvio owners have reported similar intermittent issues related to state of charge on the battery. It’s all in how you pitch the issue to the dealer.

Speaking as a high level IT guy, I feel the dealer tech’s pain. Intermittent issues are the worst to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
In the grand scheme of things, this is the smallest of glitches, but I have noticed that my clock (in driver center display) has reverted to 24hr format on a couple occasions, and I have had to go back in to the Settings menu and change back to 12hr format. No huge deal - but I am curious to see if I can determine what, if anything, seems to trigger the setting change. If this is the worst of any electronic ghosts in my Alfa, I'll consider myself thrilled.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
another bug I found or something they should change is when you are on you handsfree phone talking that if you turn your car off and leave the vehicle it does not disengage and your call goes dead,,, all my lexus cars all would still allow you to continue your call when you leave the car it just reverts back to your phone
I've reported that issue already (but the more reports they get the better the chances of the engineering in charge paying attention and it being fixed, right @AlfaRomeoCares ?)

In the grand scheme of things, this is the smallest of glitches, but I have noticed that my clock (in driver center display) has reverted to 24hr format on a couple occasions, and I have had to go back in to the Settings menu and change back to 12hr format. No huge deal - but I am curious to see if I can determine what, if anything, seems to trigger the setting change. If this is the worst of any electronic ghosts in my Alfa, I'll consider myself thrilled.
I've noticed that happens whenever the dealer runs a diagnostic, and also when I first got the car I also had it happen once or twice, but I think that might have been tied to either which key I used to start the car, or if I did/didn't start the car via remote start when I set it. Outside of that it's never happened again.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks guys, will check the battery charge...hopefully that’s it...will keep u posted. Btw is there a way to check without going to the dealer?? Or no
No, you need a specific reading off the IBS (intelligent battery sensor), which is the little black box mounted on the negative post of the battery, only the dealer can get it through witech.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
Maserati energy team use a network of sensors during the tests, battery, before ibs, recharge point in engine vain
In this way they can monitoring all the systems states during run. In my case the car was a little bit crazy with the recharge strategy, sometime forgot to recharge the battery

1 - 17 of 17 Posts