Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And another video showing Stelvio for your viewing enjoyment from the Top Gear guys. Note the side-by-side visual comparison of liftover height. Unfortunately for me the first time I took Lola (our Rottweiler) to the vet she tossed her cookies in my beautiful new car.

Reactions: PhillyAlf

·
Registered
54 Posts
Lol thanks for sharing, that video was hilarious. But I certainly can think of more practical ways to test the utility of these cars. Never considered how the electric tailgate would prevent you from putting anything larger in the trunk.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I'm waiting for mine, but the manual says to adjust the height the gate opens to, move it manually to the desired height.
it would seem that ....

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm waiting for mine, but the manual says to adjust the height the gate opens to, move it manually to the desired height.
it would seem that ....
There are two ways- one is a menu adjustment under the settings menu which I used. The idea of moving anything like that by any kind of manual force would be my last choice. It is a nice feature.

However I was noting the height from the ground to the cargo entry is lower than other similar vehicles, very desirable when loading our 105 lb bundle of joy as she is aging very fast (12 years).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
it's not usually damaging to an electric gate to manually close it, it would have a big warning from the factory telling you not to do it if it were.

I haven't needed to do this yet on the Stelvio, but on my old Evoque on several occasions I had to push the gate the last few MM to get it to latch when I had a lot of stuff in the back, because if it bumped into anything with even a tiny bit of force it would reopen.

·
Registered
536 Posts
yep same here was no issue on my evoque either
it's not usually damaging to an electric gate to manually close it, it would have a big warning from the factory telling you not to do it if it were.

I haven't needed to do this yet on the Stelvio, but on my old Evoque on several occasions I had to push the gate the last few MM to get it to latch when I had a lot of stuff in the back, because if it bumped into anything with even a tiny bit of force it would reopen.

·
Registered
508 Posts
There are two ways- one is a menu adjustment under the settings menu which I used. The idea of moving anything like that by any kind of manual force would be my last choice. It is a nice feature.

However I was noting the height from the ground to the cargo entry is lower than other similar vehicles, very desirable when loading our 105 lb bundle of joy as she is aging very fast (12 years).

I need to make room for these two bundles of joy pretty soon

IMG_3002.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Marco- Oh yes + plenty of room back there (seats down). Excellent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
in the manual, it says you can open the gate with a kicking motion under the rear bumper (keyfob close by of course). unfortunately, that feature does not seem to be implemented in my car.

does anyone have a stelvio where that feature actually works?

·
Registered
536 Posts
that's apparently a late availability option, not available on early ones.

in the manual, it says you can open the gate with a kicking motion under the rear bumper (keyfob close by of course). unfortunately, that feature does not seem to be implemented in my car.

does anyone have a stelvio where that feature actually works?

·
Registered
534 Posts
That feature will eventually be included in the Convenience Package but is "Late Availability"
In the manual the description says "If Equipped"

As far as I've seen on the forum, no one in any country has been able to order that option.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts