Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Anyone find the silver color out of the black bumper ugly?

Regular Stelvio:
View attachment 10217

Quadrifoglio:
View attachment 10219

I'm thinking to plasti-dip that thing.
I did not like it, so I had it painted the same color as my Stelvio - Black. Also had the front chrome “V” and the small chrome band around the front badge painted black as well. I also removed the badging from the rear: Q4 and the Stelvio lettering.

·
Registered
542 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
I haven't had time yet but mine is scheduled to go into the body shop to have mine painted Rosso Red body colour.
It's the only exterior part that I really really don't like. Look at almost every inexpensive SUV and it has that silver "skid plate" and IMO they've cheapened the exterior image with it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
$$

When I had my windows tinted I also had them wrap the rear bumper. Definitely looks better than before:
How much was the rear bumper wrap?

Looks sharp!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Humm, I like it stock, I like the classy lettering and Q4 badge makes the unsuspecting think it is a Quadrofoglio (Fooled me first time I saw one). To me debadging is so 00's. It what you did to your base model car when you were embarrassed by it! Certainly no embarrassment for this owner!!!!

Reactions: tipo949

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I thought Q4 (and O2 on giulia) made the unsuspecting in the US think it's an Audi.
the odd/even euro lawsuit didn't get much press here.

·
Registered
542 Posts
How much was the rear bumper wrap?

Looks sharp!
While having my windows tinted I asked if they could also cover the silver on the bumper. They did it for an extra $50.

I'm curious about the wrap also. What did they put on it and what was the cost?
It's just the standard vinyl wrap they use to wrap whole cars with. $50. It can be removed at anytime later on if I decide I don't want it, just like the full body wraps on a car. Any auto wrap/tinting place should be able to do it for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I had my windows tinted I also had them wrap the rear bumper. Definitely looks better than before:
After being rear ended yesterday looks like mostly the skid plate got the damage, with tow hitch resisting the impact into the bumper. Question : has anyone subbed out the silver skid plate for this blacked out Nero package option?

·
Registered
69 Posts
After being rear ended yesterday looks like mostly the skid plate got the damage, with tow hitch resisting the impact into the bumper. Question : has anyone subbed out the silver skid plate for this blacked out Nero package option?

View attachment 21122

Which exhaust tips are those on on the red Stelvio in the photo?

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
418 Posts
Anyone find the silver colored thing out of the black bumper ugly?

Regular Stelvio:
View attachment 10217

Quadrifoglio:
View attachment 10219

I'm thinking to plasti-dip it.
My Bumper on my Red 2020 Ti is red not black. And I like that look with silver wheels and window trim. I presume your car also has black surrounding the wheel wells which I also dont have.I believe it is an option and based on which model you have

·
Registered
154 Posts
The one thing I hated on my 2018 Stelvio. Just early upgraded to a 2021 with Nero edition. So much nicer! I was going to paint it or something, but this is way better. With CarPlay and leather dash now, I’ll probably be keeping this one for a long time...

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
418 Posts
Nice and black and shiny!. Would not the rear valance have been black in all permutations with a black car?. Although some might have a silver diffuser? You obviously were happy enough with your 2018 to get another

When I was looking for a 2020 at year end I had 4 must haves. Had to be at least a TI. Sport would have been better. It had to be Red(either one) exterior and red/black interior. Plus panoramic roof. My search through Autotrader and Cars.com showed 2 cars in the US with these options . I got the one which was 100 miles away. I would have specked out the options a little differently, but overall I have been happy with my choice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ordered the black skid plate from Mopar that goes with the Nero package. Keeping chrome elsewhere for now, cause I like it. Not even the rims ,which are scratch less, are gonna get powder coated. Just didn’t like that skid plate in silver. The rest works for me! Next I just need to choose a ceramic wax or something before February snow and salt do damage.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts