Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

The rear bumper of the Stelvio

18K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  BBC1Q 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone find the silver colored thing out of the black bumper ugly?

Regular Stelvio:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Red

Quadrifoglio:
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Alfa romeo

I'm thinking to plasti-dip it.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Anyone find the silver color out of the black bumper ugly?

Regular Stelvio:
View attachment 10217

Quadrifoglio:
View attachment 10219

I'm thinking to plasti-dip that thing.
I did not like it, so I had it painted the same color as my Stelvio - Black. Also had the front chrome “V” and the small chrome band around the front badge painted black as well. I also removed the badging from the rear: Q4 and the Stelvio lettering.

#4 ·

Attachments

#14 ·
After being rear ended yesterday looks like mostly the skid plate got the damage, with tow hitch resisting the impact into the bumper. Question : has anyone subbed out the silver skid plate for this blacked out Nero package option?

#6 ·
I haven't had time yet but mine is scheduled to go into the body shop to have mine painted Rosso Red body colour.
It's the only exterior part that I really really don't like. Look at almost every inexpensive SUV and it has that silver "skid plate" and IMO they've cheapened the exterior image with it.

#11 ·
Humm, I like it stock, I like the classy lettering and Q4 badge makes the unsuspecting think it is a Quadrofoglio (Fooled me first time I saw one). To me debadging is so 00's. It what you did to your base model car when you were embarrassed by it! Certainly no embarrassment for this owner!!!!

Reactions: tipo949
#17 ·
Anyone find the silver colored thing out of the black bumper ugly?

Regular Stelvio:
View attachment 10217

Quadrifoglio:
View attachment 10219

I'm thinking to plasti-dip it.
My Bumper on my Red 2020 Ti is red not black. And I like that look with silver wheels and window trim. I presume your car also has black surrounding the wheel wells which I also dont have.I believe it is an option and based on which model you have

#19 ·
Nice and black and shiny!. Would not the rear valance have been black in all permutations with a black car?. Although some might have a silver diffuser? You obviously were happy enough with your 2018 to get another

When I was looking for a 2020 at year end I had 4 must haves. Had to be at least a TI. Sport would have been better. It had to be Red(either one) exterior and red/black interior. Plus panoramic roof. My search through Autotrader and Cars.com showed 2 cars in the US with these options . I got the one which was 100 miles away. I would have specked out the options a little differently, but overall I have been happy with my choice.

#20 ·
Ordered the black skid plate from Mopar that goes with the Nero package. Keeping chrome elsewhere for now, cause I like it. Not even the rims ,which are scratch less, are gonna get powder coated. Just didn’t like that skid plate in silver. The rest works for me! Next I just need to choose a ceramic wax or something before February snow and salt do damage.

#21 ·
I have done some research on the internet about ceramic coatings. Quite a number of comparison tests on YouTube, Believe it or not, The Turtle Wax hybrid solutions ceramic was not only one of the most durable,but also one of the least expensive. So I bought some.Unfortunately it has been too cold to apply it. BTW,I have never been a fan of Turtle Wax polishes and waxes

But I did clean of the carbon build up on my exhaust tips and applied 1 coat. Remarkably ,there has less accumulation than before.

Hopefully it will warm up soon so I can apply it to the rest of the car.Really easy to use

#24 ·
It was the first thing I addressed. Dent Professional did my clear bra & wrapped that area with the carbon fiber version. A much improved look.
View attachment 21497
Nice look with the white. My question is, is that an installed carbon cover over the rear alfa romeo emblem on the trunk lid? Or did they wrap that carbon as well? I ask because i had created my own nero package with black badges/vinyl but they did not wrap the silver around the rear emblem; only the housing on the front emblem. i will be going back to point it out to them if yours is in fact wrapped. Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.