Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Stelvio has developed a strange small outside the car. After driving for 10 minutes there is a smell of burning tortilla coming from the rear driver side. I have traced it to a group of things behind the rear tire fender will on the drivers side. It looks to connect to the fuel filler somehow. This happens daily. What is the item behind the rear fender well on drivers side of car?

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took off the wheel and checked brakes and calipers. They look fine. I pulled off the inner fender well. It looks like some canisters and a wire with connector going to one of them. Also the fuel vent. Could bad fuel create such a smell?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
My wife says I stink when I eat bad fuel.....

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put some marvels mystery oil in the gas tank and the smell disappeared. Must have been a fuel additive or something.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yesterday I saw a post about a pending safety related recall regarding fuel lines that can contact hot engine surfaces (like manifolds) and possible burn through causing a serious fire hazard. Described as a cooking smell. late model, 2020 to approx. September 2021. You may want to check into this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts