Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a good idea? Can they refuse me since I haven’t gotten a car from them?...I did take up some of their time while negotiating my lease and they lost my business to another dealership that gave me a better offer.

Been trying to service at the dealership I bought my stelvio from but it’s a mad house with one tech and a crazy waitlist and no loaners....

What do u guys think?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don’t see any problem with the recall work being done at a different dealership. The service shop will want to win you as a long term customer.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Dealers (luxury dealers in particular) make their money from their service department. A different dealer would love to do this recall because it gives them a chance to win your loyalty for future service.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I would not think using a dealer that you did not buy from would be an issue. A dealers service department are usually looked at as a separate unit that needs to make their profit separate from the sales side. I called a dealer’s service department a few days ago on a question I had. I was up front that I had purchased my vehicle from another dealer close to my home, but wanted a second opinion. The service manager answered my question and stated that if I wanted to use their service center, I would be welcomed.

Other dealers might not see it the same way, but why would they turn down business.
Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Agreed: Future business and referrals are a pretty big incentive. I'd call or stop in and get a sense of the relationship (there are too many dinosaurs, part of the evolution of the car business) and experience the attitude first-hand.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank u guys!! I was under impression it would be frowned upon. I guess I will also mention that I got my car from a different dealer just in case so there are no issues...appreciate all ur replies

·
Registered
330 Posts
Bought my Stelvio from Criswell in Germantown MD....just had recalls and 1st oil change at Miller Motors with a loaner.....I waited 3 weeks but I needed a Friday....if you're flexible, they want to earn your business.....D

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Everything is in the computer by VIN and although they don't make great $ on recall work reimbursement future business is very attractive. I (different business) have some dealers that are very selfish and don't support product that they didn't sell but that is a very small-minded attitude and by not cooperating they lose on several fronts, a self-defeating attitude. I am betting you would be pleasantly surprised unless you have an antagonistic attitude or are a PIA customer they don't need (and I am sure you wouldn't be).

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
536 Posts
LOL I don't have a choice, my dealer stopped carrying alfa about three weeks after I bought mine! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Easy answer.... who has best reputation, who wants your business. I gave my best area dealer my business and a glowing review for a reason...deserved it and builds good will. Find your local “Tony” and Aknowledge and respect his value to you driving experience. If he performs we’ll be loyal. If not what’s behind me is behind me. Only a trusted tech programs or turns wrenches on my baby. Docfee

·
Registered
169 Posts
You can go anywhere, they cannot refuse you service.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought my Giulia Q4 at one Alfa Romeo dealer and was not completely happy with their service dept and then switched. I posted here earlier at this forum:

Stevio Forum member Cambir, highly recommended that I switch to a new dealer to get my 1st year comp service, infotainment software upgrade and T57 software recall. I did switch and picked up my Giulia recently after less than one full day at the dealer. The service results were impeccable. Saying I was impressed in every way with this dealer is a huge understatement. My subsequent thoughts are that a Alfa/Maserati merge would be an excellent move.

Thanks to the Seattle Maserati/Ferrari/Alfa Romeo dealership and their service department. Highly recommended!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought buy Stelvio near my home in PA, but travel most of each week to Northern Virginia. I just had my recall service done at Maserati / FIAT in Sterling VA. They were awesome - treated me well with scheduling, communication, car wash, etc.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I've generally never had an issue going to another dealer for service, with one recent exception. It's usually the best time for them to win you as a potential new customer down the road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts