Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just was stopped at a red light (in the rain) and these messages popped up. Any ideas what went wrong and why? Now acceleration is compromised, and only paddle shifters give some sort of edge...

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
Shut it down, wait a bit and start it. If it clears you should be okay. Did you possibly provide throttle and brake input at the same time? It’s been reported that left foot braking or simultaneous input on throttle and brake can do that. Naturally I’d recommend having the dealer look at it. I’m assuming you’ve had the water intrusion recall adressed? Because it could maybe be BCM related.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thank you for the quick message. I didn't have both throttle and brake at the same time for sure, i was just stopping at a red light, one foot only. I mentioned the rain part b/c I know of the recalls, but those have not been done; interestingly, earlier today I confirmed an appointment to take the care in on June 27 to get that work done. I was hoping it isn't water-related b/c that appointment is more than a month away... and it's been raining quite a bit this week here in NY.

·
Registered
478 Posts
It is a concern. I’d check in with the dealer especially if it doesn’t clear. That message is a type of limp mode from the ECU. I don’t have any good advice on how to actually clear it other than letting the car sit for a bit. Maybe disconnecting the battery would do it but I hate reconfiguring a car after battery changes.

I keep an eye out for weird electrical gremlins so I know what to look for. Taking possession (finally) of one of the first performance pack and leather dash Stelvios in North America on Saturday.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I will try that—letting it sit for a bit. I now know what that limp mode feels like. Congrats on your acquisition!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts