Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I seem to be on a roll today in starting new posts, but I'm getting excited about making a final decision on a Stelvio and need to button down some of the final details.

I found myself strongly drawn to the red leather Ti Sport interior. Full disclosure, I tend to go with dark grays and blacks as I'm not really interested in making a strong statement with my car interior. However, the red italian leather concept seems to be calling my name surprisingly. I wouldn't do it in a lot of cars but the Stelvio seems like one that warrants such a unique color choice.

Does anyone have any thoughts in this regard? Experience with other vehicles with the same color and how it held up to changing color or showing dirt or blue jean color transfer? My wife's car has a light gray leather and it has picked up a lot of blue jean color transfer over the years.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
We agreed on the chocolate because it is soothing and elegant. But I loved the red! For me, it was a little sporting; the ADD in me was a little overwhelmed. Black too drab/no interesting contrast. The color options were amazing and nothing has Italian flair like RED inside or outside. It is a little Alfa retro and in the '60s we had a Plymouth Fury and Nova convertible and loved red! No harder to keep clean than any other color. When I see a white, silver, or black over red, I just drool! Honor your emotional side!

Reactions: RTTX

·
Registered
356 Posts
My Volcano Black Ti Sport has black and red interior - everyone that sees it loves it, including me - with the etched/brushed? aluminum accents, it is smokin'... Will take some interior pictures and post them tomorrow...

·
Registered
241 Posts
I wanted the red leather interior also. But my wife wanted the Misano Blue paint, which to me goes better with a black or grey leather interior.

If you like red, black, grey or white paint, then go with the red leather. The leather is not bright red. It is more subdued and classy. Live a little and go with the red!

I am so sorry I did not get the mixed black/red leather combination in my Audi S5. I ooze joy every time I see it. Good luck!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Back in '05 I bought a Red Mustang GT with red interior and it looked fantastic. Wasn't any more difficult to keep clean. We're also strongly considering the red.

·
Registered
536 Posts
not a huge fan of red leather interior unless it has a hefty bit of contrast in black.
BUT, it's your car so go with what makes you happiest I think! :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
The red looked a bit plasticky to me in person and probably too "hot" as I live in the sunbelt. Black is utterly boring. I went with chocolate eventually.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The red looked a bit plasticky to me in person and probably too "hot" as I live in the sunbelt. Black is utterly boring. I went with chocolate eventually.
I would prefer the chocolate for my Misano Blue exterior, but I did not custom order. I do think chocolate is as dark as the red for attracting heat.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
235 Posts
I have vesuvio grey with red interior. My other option for me was green with chocolate.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Late January I ordered a Stelvio Ti Sport, Alfa white, red leather interior. fully optioned without the carbon.

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
389 Posts
I love the red interior so much I paired it with the Rosso red and traveled 100 miles to get it. IMHO,The fact that it is actually two tone red and black coordinates perfectly with red exterior black roof and black grille and intakes. I didnt get black wheels ,which I dont like,but that even matches better, All black interior goes with every color, but does not have the wow factor of the red/black interior.

I think the red /black interior goes well with all the colors with the exception of green. Red and blue give you the "superman" look especially with yellow calipers

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
389 Posts
I love the red interior so much I paired it with the Rosso red and traveled 100 miles to get it. IMHO,The fact that it is actually two tone red and black coordinates perfectly with red exterior black roof and black grille and intakes. I didnt get black wheels ,which I dont like,but that even matches better, All black interior goes with every color, but does not have the wow factor of the red/black interior.
2021 builds have the option of grey seats, but only on the sprint, I think.
My wife's Lexus has light gray seats and they always look dirty,Same for an older M3 I had with dove gray seats

1 - 17 of 17 Posts