Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marco Maltese created renderings of what an Alfa Romeo three-row crossover could look like and it's not that bad in the front and back. Only problem is how long the body looks, just reminds me of a wagon and those bring back horrid memories.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's the combination of a more angled roof and longer rear that may be off-putting to some. The three row design works better in the VW Atlas because of how chunky the car is, so that helps offset the overall length increase. Same thing with the Mercedes GLS when it comes to body lines.

If Alfa Romeo's three-row crossover is based off the Stelvio then the proportions will look odd.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I actually don't think this looks bad at all. It would be nice to breakthrough the typical boxed off type of look from something like the Atlas, Tahoe, etc. Gives it flavour.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can see through the windows of the renderings and see that there are only two rows. So imagine that being stretched even longer to accommodate an extra row. I can't imagine alfa romeo coming out with something so long.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Adding another row would equal it getting longer which means it'll look pretty darn horrendous. They won't ever develop something like that so you can already throw the idea out of the window.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I like the look a lot and AR is lucky that their design language allows for this sort of design otherwise it could have been hard to go this direction.
What i'll be most interested in is seeing how it ends up looking, they could do something we dont expect

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's if it ever gets made if they find a reason for it. I would also be interested but that sloping roofline would made me question third row height and space.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If Alfa Romeo does decide to release a three row model, I don't think it'll be based on the stelvio. Maybe a new platform will be designed for it and the automaker can use the same platform for a new line of larger SUVs or Crossovers.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Being part of FCA odds are it will pull from another FCA brand and not be entirely new. So this might be a not so special AR, but its in this segment people care less for that and more of an AR version of something.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well the larger Alfa SUV will be five-seater, about the size of the Levante but more space efficient and lighter thanks to "Giorgio" platform, it's code name is "type 964".
"Giorgio" architecture is modular, and apart Alfa will be used for future Maserati models like the successors of Ghibli,Quattroporte and Levante, a lower cost version of "Giorgio" will underpin future Jeep and Dodge models.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I assume the composition of the platform will be different to save on money, or take only certain components of that platform.

·
Registered
146 Posts
There's a lot of components to a platform that can be changed to reduce costs like the steering mechanism, front and rear axles, suspension, etc.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your explanation makes more sense than changing out certain aluminum parts for steel. If the Stelvio platform is ever made into a three row crossover, I'm sure Alfa Romeo would made adjustments to the front and rear axles as the whole chassis will need to be stretched for the extra row.

·
Registered
67 Posts
https://www.italpassion.fr/9132-alfa-romeo-964-e-suv-produit-a-mirafiori-2018.html

ALFA ROMEO 964 E-SUV: PRODUCED AT MIRAFIORI IN 2018
Written by Alexandre Filluzeau , June 2, 2017 .3 reviews

Illustration Alfa Romeo 964 e-SUV 7 places

The Italian news site Il Sole 24 Ore has just announced that the future large SUV Alfa Romeo will be produced in the plant of Mirafiori in 2018 . For this "new information", the Italian site Il Sole 24 Ore refers to a document from the Italian union Fim Cisl . Not that we did not know already (read Alfa Romeo E-SUV 964: the second SUV will be produced at Mirafiori ), it is the opportunity to redo a point on the model that will come to support the Giulia and Stelvio.

Remember that this new SUV Alfa Romeo will therefore be larger than the current Stelvio and destined mainly to the market North America and China, although it will of course also be marketed in Europe. In terms of sales in the USA from January 2017 to May 2017, 2,702 Alfa Romeo of which 2,482 Giulia were marketed. The trend is up and the Stelvio not yet delivered. Successful bet for the return of the brand in the USA? For China, difficult to have numbers ...

For this 2018 production schedule to be realistic, it is likely to have a presentation of this E-SUV alias Alfa Romeo 964 at the New York Motor Show in March 2018 . A good timing and then market it in September 2018. So we should see the first mules / prototypes second half or late 2017 at the latest.

According to our information, this Alfa Romeo 964 is expected to inaugurate the 3.0 L V6 diesel already proposed at Maserati. In this regard, Mirafiori is the factory that already produces the current SUV Maserati Levante.

This will be the 3rd model Alfa Romeo of the 8 planned by 2020. It will leave only 2 years to launch 5 models ... a smaller SUV, a large sedan, a Giulietta and 2 specials (Alfa Romeo 6C and 6C Spider? ).

[Maserati Levante 197" long]

·
Registered
146 Posts
The 1960 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Veloce Spider? Hard to say because we have no idea who did the restoration and "Exact ownership history is unfortunately unknown prior to 1968."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts