Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I positioned the rack where the indents were but it could go anywhere. The front rail looks a bit forward to me but if I move it back, the surfboard will stick upwards as the front rack will be higher than the back.

I don't know the weight limit but it is on the Thule UK site.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
good to know it can be moved for different loads - like a kayak or plywood maybe.
150 pounds, plenty.
I never realized all those extra bits that attach to the rack (for ladders, kayaks etc) were so pricey

·
Registered
80 Posts
Good to know - thanks for sharing the info - as I hope to be taking delivery this week, and will be wanting to get roof bars for carrying bicycles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I selected Alfa Romeo from the home page and then the Stelvio 2017+. It had a few choices. I went with the

Option E Thule WingBar Edge Black
Complete Two Bar Package - Includes all necessary Thule parts to fit the vehicle:
WingBar Edge Black 9592B , Fitting Kit 4085
£270.00 incl. VAT

You get a VAT refund which basically pays for the shipping.

(I believe this model is called Thule AeroBlade Edge in the United States)

·
Super Moderator
1,489 Posts
I do believe the dimples inside the rails indicate ideal positions. That said it is the reason we were delighted to find a nice selection w/o sunroof. That + the extra weight, headroom loss, added heat load and complexity + we never open them (air noise, skin damage, and radiant heat). No matter what you won't want load borne on the glass panel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Excuse me, is anybody ordered Thule (WingBar Edge Black 9592B , Fitting Kit 4085) recently to deliver in the US?
P.S. I just contacted a bunch of Thule authorized shops in the UK and all of them told me they don't deliver to the US.

·
Super Moderator
1,489 Posts
Thule rack on Stelvio. I had to order and ship it from the UK as Thule doesn't sell the fit kit for the Stelvio in the US. After the VAT rebate, the cost was about the same (including shipping). roofracks.co.uk.

With appreciation to jsaturnia (original post at the start of this thread). If our dealer has them official Alfa Romeo issue, I will get a set June 10 with first service and appointment for a hitch. More on this Breaking News as it comes in...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Excuse me, is anybody ordered Thule (WingBar Edge Black 9592B , Fitting Kit 4085) recently to deliver in the US?
P.S. I just contacted a bunch of Thule authorized shops in the UK and all of them told me they don't deliver to the US.
I ordered these from roofracks.co.uk and they shipped to me here in Boston, MA. See my post here - http://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/9-alfa-romeo-stelvio-general-discussion-forum/5393-roof-racks.html#post66122

Hope this helps - and let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Did someone tried the Yakima whisperbar ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts