Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone with the Canadian Alfa Romeo customer care.
According to the guy I just talked to, when he goes into the same order system the dealer uses the Sport Performance Package is now an option they can select.
That package includes the limited slip differential and the Alfa Active suspension.

I've sent a message to my dealer to confirm but if that package is available and now that Android Auto is also listed as standard, I might be placing my order tomorrow.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have mixed emotions on that option. The enthusiast in me really wants it. But another part of me shuns complicated things.

A "butt" dyno test would decide for me. If I could feel a big difference I'd get this option. Please keep us informed. This is exciting!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have mixed emotions on that option. The enthusiast in me really wants it. But another part of me shuns complicated things.

A "butt" dyno test would decide for me. If I could feel a big difference I'd get this option. Please keep us informed. This is exciting!!
I hear you, adding yet more electronic complication to an Alfa Romeo makes me question my sanity....
With the feature just being released there won't be any butt test as mine will be the first arriving with it. I know it made a difference in ride feel in the Quad that I drove.

I'll tell you when it gets here.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PS: Is this the same differential w/ torque vectoring as to be in the Quad Stelvio and thats in the Giulia Quad??
I can't say for sure that is the exact same system that the Quad uses, but a LSD does shuffle torque between the driven wheels and helps the outside wheel power through the turn while preventing the inside from spinning.
It wasn't cheap and is a little more than the one offered in the Giulia at $1500 CDN for the performance package. (don't tell my wife :) )

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wish that package was available when I bought my stelvio. Its very rare to be able to add an optional LSD to vehicles these days and its a relatively cheap package.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I love the fact that it's a mechanical LSD. I have that on my truck (with winter tires) and it's fantastic in the snow. I hardly have to use 4-wheel drive- and this is with a front weight bias.

The Stelvio at near 50/50 should really be beneficial for those of us that live in the snow belt- not too shabby in dry either ;)

I don't believe that this the same as the torque vectoring as found on the Quad but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I love the fact that it's a mechanical LSD. I have that on my truck (with winter tires) and it's fantastic in the snow. I hardly have to use 4-wheel drive- and this is with a front weight bias.

The Stelvio at near 50/50 should really be beneficial for those of us that live in the snow belt- not too shabby in dry either ;)

I don't believe that this the same as the torque vectoring as found on the Quad but I may be wrong.
No, its not the same torque vectoring that the Quads are using. It's so difficult getting any kind of technical specs from Alfa where as most companies advertise all about their features and tech.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm glad my rep waited in ordering in mine. He was actually waiting on confirming CarPlay because I told him I didn't want it if it didn't come with it. Then he called me last Tuesday about the performance package and well he didn't have to twist my arm about it. hahaha. So opted to get and told my wife. Needless to say my wife supports my decision but she is still going to have a little chat with the rep. hahaha

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
According to several places I found while researching prior to taking delivery (aka I don't have any of the links anymore) as well as my dealer, the Q4 system we have (at least on the Ti Sport trim, but I believe all Stelvio's) DOES have brake actuated torque vectoring on all 4 wheels. This other new system might turn out to be a clutch based torque vectoring system, which certainly gives a more refined and positive level of control, especially in the snow, but that doesn't mean we're left with nothing here we still have a torque vectoring system that's better than what most other cars on the road have.

·
Registered
36 Posts
According to several places I found while researching prior to taking delivery (aka I don't have any of the links anymore) as well as my dealer, the Q4 system we have (at least on the Ti Sport trim, but I believe all Stelvio's) DOES have brake actuated torque vectoring on all 4 wheels. This other new system might turn out to be a clutch based torque vectoring system, which certainly gives a more refined and positive level of control, especially in the snow, but that doesn't mean we're left with nothing here we still have a torque vectoring system that's better than what most other cars on the road have.
Can someone chime in if this in fact true: Torque vectoring by braking on standard Stelvios ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts