Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Trying to figure out the TI. As far as i can tell, once you add the weather package, and maybe one of the navigation ones and passive assist, the two cars are the same minus some wood trim? please let me know if i'm missing anything. My wants are the sport package and heated seats.
Thanks!

Alejandro

·
Registered
534 Posts
There isn't huge differences between the 2. features can vary depending on country, where are you?

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Hi,

Trying to figure out the TI. As far as i can tell, once you add the weather package, and maybe one of the navigation ones and passive assist, the two cars are the same minus some wood trim? please let me know if i'm missing anything. My wants are the sport package and heated seats.
Thanks!

Alejandro
There is one potentially big difference in the two...

For both lease price and resale value, 90% of the time you are better off choosing the higher trim package that includes the options than adding the options to equal the higher trim package, even if you appear to pay a little more doing so. Options depreciate nearly instantly and are included at nearly 100% cost on a lease, and also retain almost no value on a dealer trade in. Resale (3rd party) gives pennies on the dollar to options. Higher trim packages are depreciated at the same rate as the rest of the vehicle on a lease, and retain the same % value on a dealer trade in as the rest of the vehicle. When doing a 3rd party sale you probably depreciate the $ of the value of the higher trim package at 50% lower rate than the rest of the car is depreciated.

Since the cost of the lease is (roughly) calculated as the total $ of depreciation off sticker price when the lease is up, minus down payment, times whatever interest rate you are paying, divided by the number of payments. As the upgrades are virtually 100% depreciated day 1, they get added straight into the amount you pay on the lease.

Reactions: stelviofan
1 - 4 of 4 Posts