Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Although the tire pressure is supposed to be set for 33psi front and 36psi back, I tend to fill to 35 psi in front and 38psi in back so I don't have to fill the tires as often and it rolls a little better with a little extra tire pressure.

·
Registered
361 Posts
On my winter 19s I do follow the manual and keep them at 2,1 front and 2,3 bar rear. The strange thing is that as soon as the front drop just to 2,0 bar, the TPMS message on the dash appears ??? Maybe the dealership forgot to teach computer for the transition from summer 20s to winter 19s setup ??? I never had TPMS message on the summer 20s set, when pressure goes down only with 1/10 ???

·
Registered
59 Posts
My Milano has 20"wheels. Manual states check when cold. Front 33 psi (2.3 bar) Rear 36 psi (2.5 bar)
I hardly ever carry more than one passenger and find the ride somewhat hard.
We have some poor roads here in Surrey and wonder whether dropping the pressures a shade would be better.
The pressure readings on the dash don't always correspond with actual anyway.
BMW recommended different pressures for different loads on a X3 I had
Has anyone an opinion on this?
How critical is a difference of 0.2 bar?
It all seems a bit hit and miss

·
Registered
361 Posts
I drove mine summer 20 inch set with 0,2 under inflated and it is ok, if you don't drive too sporty of course.But , I am not going to recommend this, because if you need fast and sharp reaction to avoid some situation or crash, the car will react not sharp enough, Also maybe there will be higher possibility for your wheels to be wrapped at the pot holes ??? I don't find the ride too hard with the 20s and 2,3 front, 2,5 rear bar inflated and I can guarantee you our roads here, are much worst than yours. :) I even had double herniated disks on my spine this summer and that was the reason I did the tyres with lower inflation, just to try the difference. There is such, but I prefer to have more stability on the road in any possible situation. Do you have sport shocks on yours? The model and the tyre maker , also makes difference. If you have run flats of any make, the ride is much harder than normal. I have Michelin Latitude Sport 3 - 20s for the summer, from the factory and now I am with Goodyear Vector All Season Gen 3 - 19s for the winter. Both , very comfortable and very good tyres for me. Maybe the 19s are like 10-15% more comfortable, but some people will not feel it for sure.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I drove mine summer 20 inch set with 0,2 under inflated and it is ok, if you don't drive too sporty of course.But , I am not going to recommend this, because if you need fast and sharp reaction to avoid some situation or crash, the car will react not sharp enough, Also maybe there will be higher possibility for your wheels to be wrapped at the pot holes ??? I don't find the ride too hard with the 20s and 2,3 front, 2,5 rear bar inflated and I can guarantee you our roads here, are much worst than yours. :) I even had double herniated disks on my spine this summer and that was the reason I did the tyres with lower inflation, just to try the difference. There is such, but I prefer to have more stability on the road in any possible situation. Do you have sport shocks on yours? The model and the tyre maker , also makes difference. If you have run flats of any make, the ride is much harder than normal. I have Michelin Latitude Sport 3 - 20s for the summer, from the factory and now I am with Goodyear Vector All Season Gen 3 - 19s for the winter. Both , very comfortable and very good tyres for me. Maybe the 19s are like 10-15% more comfortable, but some people will not feel it for sure.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Although the tire pressure is supposed to be set for 33psi front and 36psi back, I tend to fill to 35 psi in front and 38psi in back so I don't have to fill the tires as often and it rolls a little better with a little extra tire pressure.
NOOOOO! Bad reason. Overinflated Stelvios handle like Sh!!. Many threads on this out there

Visconti Verde with Quadrofoglio wheels
Realize this tire package actually has 36/39 recommended on a Quad , yet on our lighter vehicles that rides and esp handles terrible. Also, at 10000 miles, tire wear is dead solid perfect at my pressures. So I would try setting your 20's to 31/33 for cold temps you will see and see how much the handling improves esp if running light. These cars get very darty with overinflated tires.

Reactions: Bern and Anunnaki

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I've not posted before. I have a Stelvio QV with the 21 inch wheels. I can't find anything online about what pressure these should be. I called Alfa who also had no clue. To keep the TPMS from going off I've had to put 2.9 bar in each tyre which seems crazily high. Does anyone have any info on this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts