Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Pzero tires that came on the QV were amazing until about 2/3 of the tread was gone at 8k miles. They became super loud and grip was practically gone and any damping that the tires did was also gone. I drive quite spiritedly. Don’t get me wrong, the first 7000 miles were amazing! But changing tires that often is costly. I had Pzeros on my 2011 Porsche 911 GTS as well, same issue, fantastic performance until about 2/3 of the tread was gone, changed to Michelin P4S, fantastic all around ultra performance Tire.
I had read that Michelin had developed the Latitude sport 3 summer for the Porsche Macan Turbo. I read some reviews of the tires and bought a set. After 2 weeks with them (same as OE size) I am super happy! The performance is on par with the Pzeros but will likely last 20k miles!
I also read that Michelin has created a tire for SUV’s in their pilot line that is eventually going to replace the Latitude Sport 3 summer. The sizing to match OE wasnt available yet in the Pilot SUV tire. Anyway... I paid $1300 installed for the Michelin Latitude Sport 3 summer as opposed to $2000 Installed for another set of Pzeros.
just my 2 cents:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I’m not sure why the OP thinks he’ll get 20,000+ miles from an ultra performance tire based on his previous experience and reviews on TireRack, but good luck to him. Personally on my performance vehicles I focus on tire performance, tire life is secondary. If I wanted economy I’d have bought a Rogue....

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ti not Quad but I have 255/50-19 Pilot Sport 4 SUV and am super happy. I expect a lot from my tires (gtv6 has re71r) except long life. The Michelin when available in Quad size might be a great alternative for most drivers. For the Ti a big upgrade and for the quad a slight downgrade on absolute performance but decent longevity. 210 tread wear for what that’s worth. Based on the 3,000 miles I have driven, I expect 15k useful life. Depending on driving style Quad will be less. Maybe 20k but that would be a bonus and no tread will be bad in heavy rain.

Reactions: Veloce

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
N
I’m not sure why the OP thinks he’ll get 20,000+ miles from an ultra performance tire based on his previous experience and reviews on TireRack, but good luck to him. Personally on my performance vehicles I focus on tire performance, tire life is secondary. If I wanted economy I’d have bought a Rogue....

maybe you should read my post again before you start flaming another forum member.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ti not Quad but I have 255/50-19 Pilot Sport 4 SUV and am super happy. I expect a lot from my tires (gtv6 has re71r) except long life. The Michelin when available in Quad size might be a great alternative for most drivers. For the Ti a big upgrade and for the quad a slight downgrade on absolute performance but decent longevity. 210 tread wear for what that’s worth. Based on the 3,000 miles I have driven, I expect 15k useful life. Depending on driving style Quad will be less. Maybe 20k but that would be a bonus and no tread will be bad in heavy rain.
Like I said in my posting, the Pirellis were awesome for 2/3 of the treadwear, approx 7k miles. But I’m sorry but I am too frugal to spend 2k dollars every 7k miles. I almost always have Michelin pilot tires on my vehicles and they tend to last me 20k and are performance wise exceptionally good all around until almost the last few miles. Very consistent performance through the life of the tire. Unfortunately the Pilot 4 SUV‘s are not yet available....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Like I said in my posting, the Pirellis were awesome for 2/3 of the treadwear, approx 7k miles. But I’m sorry but I am too frugal to spend 2k dollars every 7k miles. I almost always have Michelin pilot tires on my vehicles and they tend to last me 20k and are performance wise exceptionally good all around until almost the last few miles. Very consistent performance through the life of the tire. Unfortunately the Pilot 4 SUV‘s are not yet available....

Yup. Even the pirelli runflats on my non qv giulia have only lasted 8k miles. I routinely get close to 30k miles on the ps4s i have on multiple cars

·
Registered
225 Posts
Pretty heavy car+ UHP sticky tires + lots of Quad power + aggressive driving never equal + long-ish tire life = no solution available

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Pretty heavy car+ UHP sticky tires + lots of Quad power + aggressive driving never equal + long-ish tire life = no solution available
There are always solutions. You may not like them, but there are always solutions:)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Heat cycling is the issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts