Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the Pirelli PZeros on my 2018 Stelvio QV and want to consider tires not conforming to the 255/45 and 285/40 OEM specifications. I realize that I want to be close to the 29" diameter of the original wheels (rims + tires). My questions:

1. Are the rims the same width on the front and rear?
2. How much latitude do I have in selecting a tire width that will work with my rims? Anything between 245 to 295 maybe? More or less?
3, Factoring in the aspect ratio, how much latitude do I have in selecting a wheel diameter? If I stray too much on either side of 29", what am I risking with the speedometer and odometer accuracy, and with the transmission given the AWD capabilities?
4. Am I correct in believing that the front wheel diameter should equal or slightly exceed that of the rear wheel?
5. Any warranty issues with Alfa Romeo on selecting different tire sizes than what the factory recommends?
6. Finally, what are the advantages and disadvantages of having the same tire size on all four wheels?

Thanks for educating this know-little!

·
Registered
133 Posts
The OEM tires on front are 255/45/21, rear 285/40/21. Front tires are slightly taller than rear. OEM wheels are 9" width front, 10" back on the QV. You can go up to 295 width back (some here have done so) and possibly 265 front. I would not go less than stock width.

You can go with a taller wheel and step down on the height of the tires accordingly (ie. 21" wheel front wheels, tires from 45 to 40 etc) to keep relatively within stock parameters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts