Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come to replace my tires, I cant believe I got 40,000 out of the Continentals that came with it.
Always thought they were a bit loud and and the last 10k, I lost confidence in the wet.

I love my car and drive it fairly hard.
Any thoughts on what to replace them with, would love to get 40k out of another set.
Thought about the Pirelli P zero, but doubt I'll get anything close to 40k

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

·
Registered
16 Posts
The time has come to replace my tires, I cant believe I got 40,000 out of the Continentals that came with it.
Always thought they were a bit loud and and the last 10k, I lost confidence in the wet.

I love my car and drive it fairly hard.
Any thoughts on what to replace them with, would love to get 40k out of another set.
Thought about the Pirelli P zero, but doubt I'll get anything close to 40k

Any suggestions would be much appreciated
My 2021 came with Pirelli Scorpio Verde, and I do like them though at 4300 miles I can't say anything about tread life. Not much road noise, but I may not have the best perspective for that - I traded a 2013 WRX hatch shod with Nokian Z-Line A/S and/or Michelin X Ice for the Stelvio.

·
Registered
685 Posts
2.0 Ti on 19” wheels. Using 255/50 Michelin Pilot Sport SUV I am happy, excelllent handling upgrade, a little noisy but a huge performance upgrade. Rides stiffens a bit. Expecting 20k miles. I have used DWS 06 on a prior large (Jaguar XJL) RWD with good experience for AS tire. 20k miles. I might consider Michelin CrossClimate as an AS tire with better winter performance and longer life at the expense of maximum performance when my current summer/winter tire combo wear out.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My Continental Extreme Contact DWS06+ are better than the OEM Continentals in every way. I'm on my second set. Got about 20k out of both the OEMs and the new DWS06+ (I'm pretty hard on tires).

Edit: the only thing that the new tires are worse at is the scrubbing/lurching from the suspension design at very low speeds. They are much grippier tires so it's a bit more pronounced.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
73 Posts
If you want t9 stick with the Pirelli range that will last longer than the P Zeros, check out the Scorpion Zero's all seasons. I have a discussion about my experience with them - they are really good, especially around corners.

·
Registered
‘18 Stelvio Ti Sport fully loaded It’s a DRIVER!
217 Posts
I replaced my original Continentals at 33K miles with Continental DWS06+ tires and am happy with them. 16K miles so far on the new tires.
i replaced with the DWS06+ As well. I like them and would buy again. Definitely better on a wet road than the OEM tires.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I’m a Michelin guy. Their rubber compounds are superior and performance is outstanding. This is why I’ve stuck w them. That said the pilot sport redesign is really loud on expansion join bumps, etc. when mine are done, I’m going to try the conti performance tire. Cornering performance not as good, but still great and reported to be quieter over rough roads. Tires are like shoes. If you buy a cheap pair, they will pain you forever. Can’t go wrong with either of these tire choices and why skimp on the stelvio. It deserves the best!

·
Administrator
643 Posts
Edit: the only thing that the new tires are worse at is the scrubbing/lurching from the suspension design at very low speeds. They are much grippier tires so it's a bit more pronounced.
Interesting observation. Now that you mention it, that has happened more often with the DWS06+ tires than with the OEM Continentals. I hadn't made the connection with the new tires.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I too am a michelin guy. I just put Defender LTX after 3 yrs/30K miles with the factory continentals.

I would say that the defenders are definately quieter, and possibly a tiny bit "softer" on bumps. the new tires really grab the corners.Compared to the end-of-life continentals which were starting to slip (especially when it was wet).

I expect winter driving to be much improved. I also expect to get more than 30K out of them.

·
Registered
'18 TI Lusso AWD
504 Posts
I'm at 23k and rising, thinking these conti's aren't wearing out fast enough, they'll be date code old before they're wore out, if there's another 20K in them.
of course the more slip when wet sounds like it would be fun for a bit as I live in a wet area. I'm leaning towards the DSWs also, had them on my wife's Audi and liked them.

·
Registered
‘18 Stelvio Ti Sport fully loaded It’s a DRIVER!
217 Posts
I'm at 23k and rising, thinking these conti's aren't wearing out fast enough, they'll be date code old before they're wore out, if there's another 20K in them.
of course the more slip when wet sounds like it would be fun for a bit as I live in a wet area. I'm leaning towards the DSWs also, had them on my wife's Audi and liked them.

My contI’s lasted 50k and could have gone longer but didn’t like the supply chain issues or the wet weather driving

1 - 13 of 13 Posts