Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Stelvio came with Pirelli Scorpion Verdes 235-55-19. They now have 6.5K miles. Wearing evenly and well. They ride good and have good traction in dry weather but are the worst tires Ive ever owned in wet weather and at speeds over 75mph they feel twitchy and overly light. So... I'm going to replace them and figured I might as well go a bit larger such as 255-55-19's. Looking for thoughts and experiences with your Stelvios.

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI - White
12 Posts
My Stelvio came with Pirelli Scorpion Verdes 235-55-19. They now have 6.5K miles. Wearing evenly and well. They ride good and have good traction in dry weather but are the worst tires Ive ever owned in wet weather and at speeds over 75mph they feel twitchy and overly light. So... I'm going to replace them and figured I might as well go a bit larger such as 255-55-19's. Looking for thoughts and experiences with your Stelvios.

Thanks
I felt the same way about the Pirelli's too. I replaced mine at 10k with Michelin ProClimate 2's. Not the same speed rating (H vs V) but they are much, much better in the wet and snow that we get here in Cleveland. I have really liked the ride on them so far (3k miles). I kept the Pirelli's so that I can throw them back on the vehicle for when I turn the car back to Ally Leasing. Good luck with your search and I'm sure you will get some quality comments from the forum here, they always have some great insight.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Michelin 255/50-19 Pilot Sport 4 SUV. There are some good all season alternatives I had original 235/55. Going to 255/55 will give you a taller tire which will likely fit but why?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have 15"s on your Stelvio?

I went with 245/55/19 Michelin PREMIER LTX SL . On sale at Tire Rack. I think the slightly taller\wider tires will fill the wheel wells a bit better.

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
363 Posts
Continental has a number of very good A/S .Some are better for performance, while others have better winter performance or tread wear .Do yourself a favor and call Tire Rack and speak to a rep.He can guide you to the best tire for your needs.They are extremely knowledgeable

·
Registered
360 Posts
@Robbsguitar Sorry fixed that post. 255//50-19 as replacements for 235/55-19.

Reactions: Robbsguitar

·
Registered
508 Posts
Either will work fine on the stock 8" rim. The 235 will have less deflection due to its section and treadwidth being spot on for an 8" rim but the 255 is by no means too wide for an 8" rim.

·
Registered
76 Posts

Thanks

Thanks
I replaced the original Pirelli’s with Continental DWS 206. Awesome in dry, rain, and snow. Grip grip grip and more grip.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I had DWS06 on another powerful RWD car. They are excellent, a big performance upgrade from OEM. They don’t last long. The new DWS06+ Should be even better. When I wear out my current combo of summer/winter tires I will likely consider this as Tire Rack puts Michelin and Conti in the top tier of winter performance with the Conti having higher ice grip. The Michelin Pilot Sport SUV are great summer but wear fast, and the winter Nokian R3 wear fast as well. I would expect the Michelin Pilot A/S to last longer. The LTX is a great longer lasting tire just giving up overall performance, which might not be a priority for some drivers.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI Silverstone Gray Metallic/Red/Black
174 Posts
I had DWS06 on another powerful RWD car. They are excellent, a big performance upgrade from OEM. They don’t last long. The new DWS06+ Should be even better. When I wear out my current combo of summer/winter tires I will likely consider this as Tire Rack puts Michelin and Conti in the top tier of winter performance with the Conti having higher ice grip. The Michelin Pilot Sport SUV are great summer but wear fast, and the winter Nokian R3 wear fast as well. I would expect the Michelin Pilot A/S to last longer. The LTX is a great longer lasting tire just giving up overall performance, which might not be a priority for some drivers.
How do you think the Conti DWS06+ as an all season will be in the winter and lasting over time? When the OEM Contis come to an end I was thinking about getting those. Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had the Conti's on a Mini Cooper Countryman and loved them. Decided to try Michelins this time on my Stelvio. Getting installed tomorrow

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had the Conti's on a Mini Cooper Countryman and loved them. Decided to try Michelins this time on my Stelvio. Getting installed tomorrow
Which Michelins and what tire size? I have the bigger 255/45/20 wheels.

·
Registered
Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2.0T and Lancia Delta Momo S 1.6 jtdm
25 Posts
Summer tires michelin latitude sport 3 255/45r20, excellent grip, but I'm afraid not so comfortable
In winter all seasons Nokian weatherproof 235/55r19 in rain and especially in dry less grip but much more grip in snow (almost as good as dedicated winter tyres). and more comfortable also due to the 19 inch.

·
Registered
76 Posts
How do you think the Conti DWS06+ as an all season will be in the winter and lasting over time? When the OEM Contis come to an end I was thinking about getting those. Thanks!
They come with 50,000 mile warranty. Not sure any tire actually lives to the advertised warranty mileage. But at least Continental puts something out there. I can testify to rain and snow—- the DWS206 is one of the absolute best all season tires for this. Unless you really live in an area that gets 10 ft or more annual snowfall and want dedicated snow tires; the DWS206 is the tire for you.

·
Registered
174 Posts
They come with 50,000 mile warranty. Not sure any tire actually lives to the advertised warranty mileage. But at least Continental puts something out there. I can testify to rain and snow—- the DWS206 is one of the absolute best all season tires for this. Unless you really live in an area that gets 10 ft or more annual snowfall and want dedicated snow tires; the DWS206 is the tire for you.
Thanks for the info. I have heard the newer DWS06 plus are even better from reading some recent reviews. I live in MA so the winters here can be tough, but not 10ft annually tough. The stock Conti Crosscontact Sport LX performed ok this past winter, but I would not buy them again.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Robb, THOSE Tires xcel in the wet IMHO. What pressures are you running? True cold pressures. If your pressures are too high, Stelvios get twitchy!!!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Rob, those tires are ecellent in the rain IMHO. Wapressures are you running? High pressures in a Stelvio result in twitchy handling quickly.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts