Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 10K service three weeks ago. They had some issues getting the oil level warning lights to stay off after the change. About a week later the max oil level exceeded light came on. I waited a couple days to see if it would get better then had to drive to Chicago and called the dealer. They said driving it with the light on wouldn't cause damage. I am now up to 14k miles and the light is still on. Otherwise the car is running great so I haven't prioritized getting it checked out.

On a related note, I confirmed that Stelvio Quadrifoglios have a dipstick. Halfway to Chicago, I confirmed that my Quad's dipstick is disinclined to release from its installed location. I'm not as young as I used to be but I should be strong enough to pull out a dipstick. I tried push-pull, turning, and as much brute force as I felt comfortable applying to a plastic ring positioned above a plastic tube. I am starting to wonder if there really is a dipstick or if Alfa thought Americans wanted to see one when we open the bonnet. If you equip a car with an oil level warning system and a dipstick, it would be nice if one of them was available when the other tapped out.

Anyone else in my boat?

Bill
PS- The Scorpion winter tires are a great match to the machine. Now that my wife is used to the rear of the car running a little wide on slick corners, she insists we drive the Alfa when the weather is bad. It has been a while since she has preferred riding in one of my cars over her own.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Hmm did you try the car on level ground check level on the display method?
Oh, and you can change the mode for the wife and it wont go wide.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Mine is mysteriously locked until I twist it 90 degrees and then it always removes easily.
I just chalk it up to more Alfa Magic because the O-ring seal should not really work like that in my mind but it Does!

·
Registered
29 Posts
My dipstick seems to be locked too. I did twist it but it didn't come free. any magic trick? :(

Update: Never mind my message. I just gave it a big yank yesterday and it came out. now it goes in and out easily and as it's supposed to. Mario probably uses some crazy glue first time he puts them in at the factory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts