Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by a dealer that Stelvios can be ordered with a tow hitch, but at this time it's not a dealer install option. Has anyone heard anything different? Any aftermarket options (even if from European sources?) I really would like a tow hitch. Also...cross bars for the roof rails, as I intend to use my Stelvio to transport my Kayak this summer. Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
We have the option of a factory fit tow hitch for £500 (I believe this option can be folded away when not in use), or a dealer fit removable tow hitch, which costs a few hundred more. I recall seeing some aftermarket options, just did a quick google and there appear to be a lot of companies offering them across the UK.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
I have good assurance at least in the USA these will be available by Spring. A folding hitch can't pass local standards so a more traditional (hopefully integrated) design for OEM or aftermarket should be in the works as sales numbers increase. The option as pictured in the brochure for Europe doesn't conform to US design requirements (and I'd bet Canada) either. As to roof bars I have noted several aftermarket options in Europe but n/a this side of the pond- yet. That is why sales numbers will be our best friend for now to create a business model for demand of these items. On another thread there was an offer from U-Haul (aftermarket supplier) to develop one in Colorado (as I remember) asking for loan of a vehicle for a couple of days. So patience should be rewarded soon enough.

I suspect most of won't settle for inelegant and crude options as you can find on Amazon or E-bay from doubtful offshore providers. Alfa, Thule, and other trusted options with a nice integrated aero look are what we need.

If you find any ideas please post the link or better yet pics installed on your vehicle!

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
As early adopters this is what we have to expect. I still to this day have not seen another Stelvio on the road and when I finally do might flash lights, honk, or wet myself a little bit LOL.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have the option of a factory fit tow hitch for £500 (I believe this option can be folded away when not in use), or a dealer fit removable tow hitch, which costs a few hundred more. I recall seeing some aftermarket options, just did a quick google and there appear to be a lot of companies offering them across the UK.
Do you know if we can order these to the US and if someone could install them? Was stupid enough not to check it before I bought the car (in NJ), no have no solution for my bikes.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts