Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I live in NYS where they require a front plate. I am looking into getting a tow hook bracket since I do not want to drill holes in the Alfa's beautiful face. Anyone have a tow hook bracket installed? If so, where did you buy it? Mind sharing a link?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi, I live in NYS where they require a front plate. I am looking into getting a tow hook bracket since I do not want to drill holes in the Alfa's beautiful face. Anyone have a tow hook bracket installed? If so, where did you buy it? Mind sharing a link?
Fellow New Yorker here, I ordered one from Madness, but it interfered with the front parking sensor. Its a shame because I really love their products and dedication to the brand. I found another one at 4C that looks promising. I may give it another go,

·
Registered
330 Posts
No Front Plate

I have a 2017 Giulia Quad and a 2018 Stelvio Ti Sport....I'm in Long Island and neither one wears a front plate.....!

Reactions: Marc0209

·
Registered
386 Posts
Mine came from the dealership with a genuine Alfa front plate set up. They are not required in Alberta so I actually just threw it into the garbage can. whoops, sorry I could have given it to you.

·
Vendor
628 Posts
Fellow New Yorker here, I ordered one from Madness, but it interfered with the front parking sensor. Its a shame because I really love their products and dedication to the brand. I found another one at 4C that looks promising. I may give it another go,
We have had a small number of customers with that issue. We have a really quick solution that solves the issue for 99.9% of customers. We'll PM you wth the info.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just ordered the Alfa9 mount... we'll see how well it works. I have the parking sensors.

Reactions: jwdm

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I bought the one from Extreme online , see Michael Finman's Amazon link.
use loctite, no issues.
I have the Madness one for sale.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Alfa9 works for me!

When I first installed the Alfa9 mount, it did not work. I used the bottom center position on the frame, and the bottom right corner of the frame (when facing the front grill) was triggering the parking sensor.

I then tried a different position, and that works! See photos. Looks good too.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
We purchased the Madness plate version for 69.00 To be blunt. I have no idea who designed it. But it stcks way to far out and will take out your shin if not careful.

Also it trips the sensors up front, right. I am a little displeased with the unit. We are looking for a new one now to replace. Will we see if madness refunds for this piece.

have a great day

Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the Alfa9 on mine. Looks and fits great!!!

That is the one we are looking at right now. A little pricey but I will pay for Quality every time.

have a great day. m

Reactions: CableMan67

·
Registered
290 Posts
That is the one we are looking at right now. A little pricey but I will pay for Quality every time.

have a great day. m

Just do it, zero issues with sensors and fits well in Giulias and Stelvios. It sits fairly plush to the pump and does stick out all goofy. If you angle the plate to follow the bumper line, it sits even closer.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts