Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I live in NYS where they require a front plate. I am looking into getting a tow hook bracket since I do not want to drill holes in the Alfa's beautiful face. Anyone have a tow hook bracket installed? If so, where did you buy it? Mind sharing a link?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi, I live in NYS where they require a front plate. I am looking into getting a tow hook bracket since I do not want to drill holes in the Alfa's beautiful face. Anyone have a tow hook bracket installed? If so, where did you buy it? Mind sharing a link?
Fellow New Yorker here, I ordered one from Madness, but it interfered with the front parking sensor. Its a shame because I really love their products and dedication to the brand. I found another one at 4C that looks promising. I may give it another go,

·
Registered
330 Posts
No Front Plate

I have a 2017 Giulia Quad and a 2018 Stelvio Ti Sport....I'm in Long Island and neither one wears a front plate.....!

Reactions: Marc0209

·
Registered
416 Posts
Mine came from the dealership with a genuine Alfa front plate set up. They are not required in Alberta so I actually just threw it into the garbage can. whoops, sorry I could have given it to you.

·
Vendor
676 Posts
Fellow New Yorker here, I ordered one from Madness, but it interfered with the front parking sensor. Its a shame because I really love their products and dedication to the brand. I found another one at 4C that looks promising. I may give it another go,
We have had a small number of customers with that issue. We have a really quick solution that solves the issue for 99.9% of customers. We'll PM you wth the info.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just ordered the Alfa9 mount... we'll see how well it works. I have the parking sensors.

Reactions: jwdm

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I bought the one from Extreme online , see Michael Finman's Amazon link.
use loctite, no issues.
I have the Madness one for sale.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Alfa9 works for me!

When I first installed the Alfa9 mount, it did not work. I used the bottom center position on the frame, and the bottom right corner of the frame (when facing the front grill) was triggering the parking sensor.

I then tried a different position, and that works! See photos. Looks good too.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
We purchased the Madness plate version for 69.00 To be blunt. I have no idea who designed it. But it stcks way to far out and will take out your shin if not careful.

Also it trips the sensors up front, right. I am a little displeased with the unit. We are looking for a new one now to replace. Will we see if madness refunds for this piece.

have a great day

Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the Alfa9 on mine. Looks and fits great!!!

That is the one we are looking at right now. A little pricey but I will pay for Quality every time.

have a great day. m

Reactions: CableMan67
1 - 20 of 60 Posts