Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Read Only
849 Posts
I can assure you that the Alfa vdc cut power and start to brake immediatly after the first sign of skidding. It's really an adventure or a mission impossible make a dance like that

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say that with their "no special effects" disclaimer, they are then leaving themselves wide open for false advertising claims, as it is pretty reasonable to say that the ability to shut the stuff off is a special effect reserved for (misleading?) advertising.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
video shows as unavailable now.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Traction Control - Snow

Had to share ...

Drove the Stelvio into the Sierras skiing last weekend in full on chain controls (4wd required). The Stelvio is an absolute machine.....I purposely picked out some parking lots with 4 inches of loose snow and tried to break the Alfa loose...the traction system just transferred forward, with no significant drift or skid.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Good post- coming from a Jeep with Quadratrac it will be interesting to see how Q4 gets through snow- appreciate other experiences, especially because we have a steep long uphill driveway and í'm usually the last to leave work in heavy weather.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't expect it to perform like my Subaru, but we live in Florida now anyway so it won't need to lol! Still, it's nice to hear that it's at least decently capable in snow.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there are plenty of youtube videos from it's introduction in switzerland, ranging from UK vloggers who seemed to have never seen snow, to continental testers who looked for the worst conditions - and found them.

no worries for snow driving, it is far more than capable.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
It's snowing here today. However I drove the Jeep today as much as I can't wait to see (like a kid dreaming about what's in our garage) but because it will only be this perfectly pristine once and we are so enjoying it that I couldn't bring myself to bathe it in snow, ice, and road salt materials yet. I know... I know... a little neurotic but that's how much we are enjoying this experience LOL

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts