Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys.

Last year I bought my wife this Verde Visconti Stelvio Ti Lusso:

On Monday, while taking my Giulia QV for a track-alignment, I saw this on the lot. Zero intentions of buying a car that day, but I couldn't help myself. Going to pick it up tomorrow:

Dealer photos:
Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Tire Automotive tail & brake light

Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire

Photos taken with my phone:
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle registration plate Grille Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

Vehicle Car Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering wheel

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice. That first pic from your phone--side shot---really makes that paint look great. Oh, how I wish AR would put that on the 2.0 as well.
It really is more beautiful and stunning in person than I'd imagined. I originally didn't like the color... until I saw it in person. Then I fell in love with it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She now got a faster car than you.. wonder if that changes the power dynamic..
LOL! Right? Yeah, it's noticeably faster in a straight line than my Giulia QV. Not faster off the line than my 4C, but will definitely walk the 4C down as the 4C runs out of steam on the top-end.

Changing the power dynamic?

Nah. That Stelvio QV power will get used primarily as we take her vehicle on our road trips and I'm in the driver's seat. Her daily has always been the dual-purpose vehicle... her daily and our road-tripper.

That's partly why I got it "for her" ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, this sucks.

Car started experiencing VERY abrupt downshifts into 2nd gear when coming to a stop. Upshifts? Perfect. Downshifts through every gear except 2nd, perfect. I switched to manual mode and downshifts into 2nd were still very abrupt at low speeds (coming to a stop).

Mind you we'd only driven about 6miwhen we noticed this.

The dealer thought reflashing the TCM toercalibrate the shiftpoints would resolve it, but it didn't. Turns out it needs a new valvebody in the transmission. They assured me this is a minimally invasive process and no needto worry about future reliability as a result of this issue, but I don't know.

What do you guys think? Should I get them to take it back and order me another one?

Would you trust it considering it failed this early?

Hand Hood Communication Device Mobile phone Mobile device

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Personally I wouldn't worry about it - frustrating when so new, but stuff happens.
If that doesn't solve it I'd have a concern, but with the diagnosis or the work.
Frustrating is right! But yeah, stuff happens. I just became worried that for something to happen this soon, that maybe it was assembled on a "bad day" :D Alfa Romeo had the dealer run a transmission diagnostic report and send it to them, whatever that means/entails. Afterwards Alfa Romeo told them to replace the valve body.

They ordered the replacement part this AM and said it should arrive in a couple days... maybe tomorrow if coming from the NY warehouse.

We'll see if that resolves it. If it doesn't, then I'll definitely be worried about this vehicle as a whole.

Stay tuned...

Registered
2022 Stelvio Ti
That is horrible! I would want a brand new one but....you might be SOL for some time waiting on it.

Reactions: genyosai

Registered
2022 Stelvio Ti Alfa white with Chocolate interior, premium package.
I鈥檇 be nervous could be bad juju鈥

But I get the statistically low probability of recurring transmission issues after the fix.But If transmission issues recur then you鈥檒l kick yourself, so鈥

See if you can you precondition the final deal on extending the buyback provision for a few months or more ? That gives you an exit ramp..

Registered
2022 Stelvio Ti Alfa white with Chocolate interior, premium package.
I鈥檇 be nervous could be bad juju鈥

But I get the statistically low probability of recurring transmission issues after the fix.But If transmission issues recur then you鈥檒l kick yourself, so鈥

See if you can you precondition the final deal on extending the buyback provision for a few months or more ? That gives you an exit ramp..
And document everything

1 - 19 of 19 Posts