Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wonder if this fixes the problem with Favorites.

If it does I'll stop bitching about the infotainment system, even though I'm still pissed I can't have Android Auto.

·
Registered
118 Posts
THANK YOU!

I have an '18 Stelvio and this will hopefully resolve the infotainment issues I've been experiencing. And the timing couldn't be better - I'm going for my 20K service on Monday.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Released today. Please see attached and feel free to discuss

From the TSB:

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: North America.
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before January 11, 2018 (MDH 0111XX) equipped with one of the following radios:
• AM/FM/HD Bluetooth W/Nav 8.8 Radio (Sales Code RAN).
• AM/FM/HD W/Bluetooth 8.8 Radio (Sales Code RAP).
• W/WO Sirius XM Satellite Radio (Sales Code RSD).
• AM/FM With Bluetooth 6.5 Radio (Sales Code RAG).
• AM/FM Bluetooth W/NAV 6.5 Radio (Sales Code RAJ).

While it's great to see Alfa providing the update, they're extremely "late to the game". I get it. . .they're not a tech company. . . I just wish auto manufacturers would put more thought into keeping the technical aspect of their products working properly for their customers (i.e. consider over-the-air updates, use dedicated software teams (whether Alfa or contractors), etc. Of course, I'd take a mechanically solid and beautifully styled vehicle ANY day over one that solely favors over-the-air updates for their infotainment. . . but come on!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Wonder if this fixes the problem with Favorites.

If it does I'll stop bitching about the infotainment system, even though I'm still pissed I can't have Android Auto.
Actually, you can have Android Auto by doing a hardware upgrade. Somewhere on this forum are full instructions with photos on how to do that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANK YOU!

I have an '18 Stelvio and this will hopefully resolve the infotainment issues I've been experiencing. And the timing couldn't be better - I'm going for my 20K service on Monday.
Please take note of your current software before you go in for service, and the current software when you leave. Infotainment updates are often 'conveniently' 'forgotten,' because they take a while.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Omg. Could this be that this fixes the issue with phone favorites in older 18’s. Ironically have appt on Monday for 20 k oil change and rotate. Going to see if all updates can be applied. Will try to tackle the in cabin filter this weekend

·
Registered
174 Posts
thanks, it mentions something about a 2.5 radio vs 2.0 radio. anyone know what the differences are? i just wish the bone head engineers would have it so if doesnt play your radio when you turn your car on when you were last in the "media" input. it should remain in the last input you had and be silent unless switching to the radio

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks, it mentions something about a 2.5 radio vs 2.0 radio. anyone know what the differences are? i just wish the bone head engineers would have it so if doesnt play your radio when you turn your car on when you were last in the "media" input. it should remain in the last input you had and be silent unless switching to the radio
Different hardware, just slightly expanded functionality in terms of settings and options. Visibly, the interface looks the same. You can tell which one you have based on the current version of software. 002.xxx.xxx it is old Giorgio2, .072.xxx.xxx (example) it is Giorgio2.5

·
Registered
5 Posts
THANK YOU!

did you get the update? what issues did you have previously and have they now been resolved?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had the update done. My phone favorites previously did not work. Used to say no items to select. tht is now fixed. Also changed is the sound when crossing a lane without a signal on, and now when pulling into parking spot, the sound turns off when vehicle put into park. 2018 Ti sport

·
Registered
118 Posts
I wish I had the same experience as Lawyerboy. I had this update installed yesterday but twice today my radio just completely froze on one station - I think it was after I had ended a call. It went away after I turned off the car and got out for awhile, but boy, was I steaming.

·
Registered
228 Posts
BossaNova, Still not clear what you mean. I would expect this info to come in on the Alfa Romeo phone app but it didn't. Are you talking about notification somewhere on an FCA website?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BossaNova, Still not clear what you mean. I would expect this info to come in on the Alfa Romeo phone app but it didn't. Are you talking about notification somewhere on an FCA website?
Your expectations are wrong. TSBs and service info is not provided on the app, recalls are, as you note. This is info for dealerships. Not readily available to public.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I wish I had the same experience as Lawyerboy. I had this update installed yesterday but twice today my radio just completely froze on one station - I think it was after I had ended a call. It went away after I turned off the car and got out for awhile, but boy, was I steaming.
Hello WoodstockDude,
Would you mind following up with us via PM? We would like to learn additional details of your experience so we can determine how to best assist moving forward. Hope to hear from you soon!
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the update done. My phone favorites previously did not work. Used to say no items to select. tht is now fixed. Also changed is the sound when crossing a lane without a signal on, and now when pulling into parking spot, the sound turns off when vehicle put into park. 2018 Ti sport
i have the favorites issue as well (currently on 002.009.059) but if stability is an issue per other posts above, i guess i’ll see how others fair! not having favorites is annoying but perhaps not worth worrying about the upgrade if other issues are coming up. thanks for the responses all.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts