Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Different hardware, just slightly expanded functionality in terms of settings and options. Visibly, the interface looks the same. You can tell which one you have based on the current version of software. 002.xxx.xxx it is old Giorgio2, .072.xxx.xxx (example) it is Giorgio2.5
Thank you. I have a 2019 so it appears mine is a 2.5

·
Registered
19 Posts
Released today. Please see attached and feel free to discuss
Anyone know or has the update file so I can do this myself? Im far from a dealer and had to pay for first service even though it was supposed to be complimentary, so I have no plans to return for future service. Will take care of it myself if possible.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Anyone know or has the update file so I can do this myself? Im far from a dealer and had to pay for first service even though it was supposed to be complimentary, so I have no plans to return for future service. Will take care of it myself if possible.
PM me.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti
6 Posts
Sorry, I’m new to AR. Are the software updates covered under warranty or is this an additional service charge every time there’s an update?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a 9/17 build. Are there any issues doing this myself, provided I get the file? If not, @BossaNova, I'll PM you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks to BossaNova for creating the thread and then providing step by step instructions and necessary files to perform the update. Entire process took 15-20min. Make sure you follow the instructions step by step (including formatting the USB flash drive to NTFS) and you shouldn't have any issues. Instructions state that presets and phone pairing will be reset but that was not the case for me and everything is exactly as it was before the update.

Initial impressions are;
1) Improved overall graphics rendering by using different colors and shading to make maps appear a bit more refined and up to date. Obviously resolution is unchanged but overall things appear a bit more detailed. (3D with Details view)
2) Night mode is significantly nicer as it used to be just a black background with white lines but now is colored with shades of dark green and dark blue. (3D with Details view)
3) Font appears to be slightly different but not sure exactly what has changed
4) Voice commands appear to be a bit better at understanding correctly the first time. When placing a call using voice commands it now prompts you a second time to confirm it has recognized your command correctly before placing the call. This was a big problem before as it would misunderstand names and call the wrong number automatically

Pictures attached of each step during the update.

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Brought my 2018MY/Oct17 build Stelvio in for W05 PCM Reprogram recall, Entertainment Telematics Module (ETM) software update to 002.010.041 and a cabin filter replacement Tuesday of this past week and just picked it up today. I originally had 002.009.043 software that I had updated last year at my original dealer (Findlay but went out of business) to 002.009.059. I was still having occasional spontaneous reboots/resets so I told the service agent about it and instead of updating the software he replaced the radio from the "2.0 hardware to the 2.5 module hardware" (no charge) because my present "radio was fully up to date for the 2.0 hardware". They also "aligned proxi and called Sirius XM to transfer service to new radio ID. Per bulletin 08-069-19 REV. A it is necessary to update other modules. Flash BCM per bulletin 08-063-19, PAM per bulletin 08-067-19, AMP per bulletin 08-059-19, Blind Spot Sensors per bulletin 08-062-19 and IPC per bulletin 08-068-19 to latest levels for each module." (The quotation marks in my narrative are direct quotes off my invoice.) To say the least getting a new radio was a total surprise and I was speechless when the service agent called to say they needed to replace the radio instead of doing the software update. Has this happened for anyone else?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Brought my 2018MY/Oct17 build Stelvio in for W05 PCM Reprogram recall, Entertainment Telematics Module (ETM) software update to 002.010.041 and a cabin filter replacement Tuesday of this past week and just picked it up today. I originally had 002.009.043 software that I had updated last year at my original dealer (Findlay but went out of business) to 002.009.059. I was still having occasional spontaneous reboots/resets so I told the service agent about it and instead of updating the software he replaced the radio from the "2.0 hardware to the 2.5 module hardware" (no charge) because my present "radio was fully up to date for the 2.0 hardware". They also "aligned proxi and called Sirius XM to transfer service to new radio ID. Per bulletin 08-069-19 REV. A it is necessary to update other modules. Flash BCM per bulletin 08-063-19, PAM per bulletin 08-067-19, AMP per bulletin 08-059-19, Blind Spot Sensors per bulletin 08-062-19 and IPC per bulletin 08-068-19 to latest levels for each module." (The quotation marks in my narrative are direct quotes off my invoice.) To say the least getting a new radio was a total surprise and I was speechless when the service agent called to say they needed to replace the radio instead of doing the software update. Has this happened for anyone else?
Yeah, it happens, but you seem to have struck oil on that one. Well done, probably not entirely needed in my opinion. Now try and get the newer media hub and get them to enable ACP/AA. They should bill you, but it won't be anything crazy (few hundred bucks). See what they can do

·
Registered
228 Posts
BossaNova,

Thanks for the heads up on ACP/AA as I had completely forgotten about that. I'll check into it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
You were fortunate they did updates as well. My dealer where I bought the car did the infotainment update but I had to provide the complaint. When I asked for my additional updates, he said unless I complain about something that has an update they don’t do it likely because they won’t get paid or not interested in the time to do so. Remember though with the comment about the Apple car play, you likely need the new usb hub changed too.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti
6 Posts
Probably around ~$2000, but labor can vary. Should be at least $1500-1700 in parts.
Thanks, that’s quite a bit for ACP.
Also, I had the recall taken care of and software updated as mentioned in the tsb earlier in this thread. All was good for a week and now I’m getting service collision system and left turn signal failure. Is this a known issue?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts