Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering that since these Alfa engines are "tiny" in comparison to the torque and HP that are available for them (specially in the quadrifoglio version) the turbocharger boost pressure values must be huge.......is there a way of finding how many psi of boost pressure are being produced.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was just wondering that since these Alfa engines are "tiny" in comparison to the torque and HP that are available for them (specially in the quadrifoglio version) the turbocharger boost pressure values must be huge.......is there a way of finding how many psi of boost pressure are being produced.
I'm assuming the boost is same as discussed here:

http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16057

Not sure if that's what you were asking about.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
The engine can reach 1.8 bar at sea level, twin scroll turbo watercooled is capable of 2.5bar, the big problem is the cat temp.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
At one time I found a semi-official document saying it is supposed to run at/up to 22psi (and 33psi for the V6 Q), which without doing the math to convert the units, is I believe the same thing that Marzio said.

the Giulia forum thread is interesting, curious about the claim that 22psi is the max odb ii can read, then someone else claims to have seen higher. Suspect it has to do with the comment about narrowband vs wideband data, but I'm not motivated enough to research it right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts