Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my new TuxMat floor mats, installation was a lot more than a typical floor mat, took about 45 minutes including the cleaning of the dirt that was already under the original mats, but they are also not the typical mat!

https://www.tuxmat.ca/store/p696/alfa-romeo-stelvio

Only real complaint is that the passenger side covers over the mesh pocket on the left side. I haven't needed to use it so it's not a big issue, but storage is storage, hate to see it wasted.

As you can tell from the pictures they are going to show dirt much more than the carpet mats would, but they are complete tubs and will clean easily so the interior carpet will be kept pristine under them, and cleaning them should be a simple wipe down with a damp rag...

Everything laid out on the floor
20180122_183356.jpg

Drivers Side
20180122_191812.jpg

Passenger Side
20180122_191829.jpg

Rear Seats
20180122_191751.jpg
20180122_191756.jpg

Arrived in a much larger box than I expected, aka why the shipping cost so much.
20180122_183231.jpg

Reactions: asapjun

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Dang- those are some serious mats! Did you install them on top of the carpet mats? I stowed the carpet mats for later use (installed the Madness mats). Nice + thanks for the post!

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, carpet mats come out, these are a complete replacement. Probably more accurate to call them a floor pan liner than just a floor mat, they cover up the sides and everything in a solid mold. Should provide a lot of protection!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Isn't WeatherTech another solution here? I thought the WeatherTech guys laser measured the interior to give very precise fits. I also thought the WeatherTech rubber mats sit on top of the carpet- and take next to no time to install.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't WeatherTech another solution here? I thought the WeatherTech guys laser measured the interior to give very precise fits. I also thought the WeatherTech rubber mats sit on top of the carpet- and take next to no time to install.
nope, they don't have mats for the Stelvio... well they do, but they are the "semi-universal" ones you cut to fit, not the custom laser fitted ones. These are extremely well fitted mats that protect far more of the car than even the wethertech mats would. I'll report back in a few weeks how I like them, but I'm so far impressed. I found out about them from someone on the giulia forums, who had just installed them.

Reactions: karlfevans

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
SailDrive- question for clarity: Is the footwell design SAME for Guilia and Stelvio since they share the same basic platform? In other words are the mats interchangeable? I ordered the set from Madness Motorworks to get us through the winter but honestly don't like the honeycomb pattern (they are die cut from sheet without sides or edges)- very hard to clean, i.e. get a brush into them.

Remember when they used to wrap the seats in clear vinyl- I was noticing in Hemmings Classic Car last night- we're sort of doing the same thing! LOL

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SailDrive- question for clarity: Is the footwell design SAME for Guilia and Stelvio since they share the same basic platform? In other words are the mats interchangeable? I ordered the set from Madness Motorworks to get us through the winter but honestly don't like the honeycomb pattern (they are die cut from sheet without sides or edges)- very hard to clean, i.e. get a brush into them.

Remember when they used to wrap the seats in clear vinyl- I was noticing in Hemmings Classic Car last night- we're sort of doing the same thing! LOL
I don't think they are exactly the same, no. Further I believe the Guilia has a slightly different footwell shape for the RWD vs the Q4 AWD model according to the posts I've seen regarding floormats.

My initial reaction to the new floormats installed was somewhat questionable simply because they changed the look of the interior enough to be a significant departure from what I had grown used to, but yesterday after a few days with them I found myself getting into the freshly washed and clean car in the bright sunny afternoon, and realized that these floormats achieve the proper interior look the car should have had from the factory! The cheap carpet floormats (and the OEM mats are cheap) only started to look right to me because I had grown accustomed to them. I now recall the initial few days after I got the car and transitioned from the molded rubber with inlaid brushed aluminum accent floor mats that came with my Evoque, and the carpet simply felt cheap to me. These floor mats have significantly increased the "wow" factor of the interior design of the car. Have to see how durable they are in the long run, but they look fantastic!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just a +1 for the TuxMat. I've had mine for about a month now and love them. Didn't take long to install, looks great, and they do an excellent job protecting the interior from snow/dirt/mud and my english lab.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts