Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for feedback, good and/or bad, on the two Alfa Romeo dealerships in the Las Vegas area. The two dealers are Towbin in Las Vegas and Findlay in Henderson. I've read the reviews of both, and there are a lot of five star reviews, but also a bunch of one star horror stories for each of them. My plan is to buy a 2019 Stelvio Quadrifoglio after supplies become more plentiful and pricing loosens up a bit. When I bought my 2008 Corvette ZO6, they were recently going for sticker, and then the bottom fell out of the market. I got mine for $8,000 off the $79,000 retail. I don't expect that big a discount on a Stelvio Quad, but I'm not a motivated buyer, and paying sticker doesn't sit well with the son of a car salesman.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't know about LV, but Quads are going for full MSRP at the 2 volume dealers I have visited in So Cal.
Unless you get a broker to get a discount which will be tough, look at the new 2017 Corvettes going for $15,000 below MSRP @ Buena Park Chevrolet!

·
Registered
536 Posts
are the quads in the US coming out as 19s or 18? Still thin on the ground. I so want one, but will stay with the ti sport.

Don't know about LV, but Quads are going for full MSRP at the 2 volume dealers I have visited in So Cal.
Unless you get a broker to get a discount which will be tough, look at the new 2017 Corvettes going for $15,000 below MSRP @ Buena Park Chevrolet!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are the quads in the US coming out as 19s or 18? Still thin on the ground. I so want one, but will stay with the ti sport.
I already have a 280 hp AWD SUV in a 2013 VW Touareg, so I have no interest in a non-Quad Stelvio. It'll be a Stelvio Quad, a Camaro ZL1, or another Corvette ZO6. First choice is still the Alfa, though.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
the giulia quads which aren't "new" to the market anymore are discounted at most dealers, with last years models discounted more. check the dealer listings for amounts on 17' and 18's.
the same will happen with the stelvio quad once the guys who need to grab the latest greatest on all the magazine covers are finished throwing extra cash at the dealers who have them. I do believe the big dealers have a lot of clout with arusa and are able to keep smaller dealers from receiving inventory which might sell for less. my order was with a slaller dealer and other than complete and revised BS from AR last week I've heard nothing.

sq's at dealers now are 18's, 19's will ship after summer, but maybe will not go to dealers right away if there are unsold 18's, as they wouldn't want to discount early in the introduction.

·
Registered
536 Posts
wasn't really suggesting you get a non-quad stelvio, just my observation that I'd love to have but settled for ti.

I already have a 280 hp AWD SUV in a 2013 VW Touareg, so I have no interest in a non-Quad Stelvio. It'll be a Stelvio Quad, a Camaro ZL1, or another Corvette ZO6. First choice is still the Alfa, though.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Two Alfa dealers in Las Vegas

I bought my Stelvio TI at Findlay end of March18. Had a good experience all around with sales rep (Chris Preciado), sales manager and financing department. Haven't had any issues with the car since I bought it so can't speak to Service Dept other than when I call Mark at the Service Dept with a question he has always been responsive. Used to bring my1990 Saab9000S to the Findlay Cadillac dealer next door for service and never had any issues. The two dealerships share some functions like the financing department and phone reception desk. Never considered Towbin because I just haven't heard anything positive about them since moving here in 2004. Good luck!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I went for a test drive with the dealership in Henderson (Findlay). The sales rep was helpful and knowledgeable. He shared with me that he was the one that made many of the decisions on colors and options with their initial inventory.

I eventually purchased my Stelvio in Austin, yet that test drive is when the alfista bug bit me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey, guys, your feedback is great and it's been very helpful. It seems like Findlay is the better dealership as near as I can tell. Also, I'm not as askeered of reliability issues. Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Paul, I know you already have your short list and I have zero problems with that. In fact your threads have caught my attention and I'll be very curious to see what you end up with and your impressions after you test drive the Stelvio Quad.

My only comment here is about your comparisons of the Stelvio Ti and a Touareg. Yes, they are both SUV's and both have 280hp, AWD. From my reading and friends who own both vehicles the comparison abruptly ends there. Anyone else here who is even slightly considering the Stelvio Ti, my advice is you must test drive it. Suddenly the thunder will roar and the clouds will split and you will hear the Heavenly Italian voice of Pavarotti singing Questa o quella (This or that), that test drive will settle it, period! Bravo bravissimo!

There are threads and posts both here and at the Giulia Forum from folks who have narrowed down their short list to an Alfa Romeo and several other of the ubiquitous sports sedans and SUV. I lose count on the feet of a millipede of those who choose the Alfa about 2-3 seconds after completing the test drive.

Chuck :grin

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agreed, I can't really compare the Touareg with the Stelvio, despite the 280 horsies in both. The VW is a heavy, luxury SUV, and it isn't sporty like the Stelvio. That said, my last four cars have done 0-60 in under 4 seconds, and that's why I'm looking at the three vehicles I'm considering. The Quadrifoglio is the leading contender at this point. I did not "look away," and I am "seduced"...

·
Registered
478 Posts
There is a pretty major risk of BMW and Mercedes owners treating your Stelvio like a piece of meat and staring at her too. I catch a lot of German SUV owners staring at my girl and nearly crashing daily.

I’d be happier if I saw more on the road though. It doesn’t help that I’m at the top of my neighborhood’s income range so luxury cars aren’t precisely common on my streets.

Reactions: Paul Scarpelli

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is a pretty major risk of BMW and Mercedes owners treating your Stelvio like a piece of meat and staring at her too. I catch a lot of German SUV owners staring at my girl and nearly crashing daily.

I’d be happier if I saw more on the road though. It doesn’t help that I’m at the top of my neighborhood’s income range so luxury cars aren’t precisely common on my streets.
If they've read the comparison road tests in the car mags, they will know not to try and dance with you...

·
Registered
241 Posts
I went for a test drive with the dealership in Henderson (Findlay). The sales rep was helpful and knowledgeable. He shared with me that he was the one that made many of the decisions on colors and options with their initial inventory.

I eventually purchased my Stelvio in Austin, yet that test drive is when the alfista bug bit me.
Hi Jeff

What color Stelvio do you have? I've probably seen yours around Hill Country.

·
Registered
66 Posts

Thanks. You just made my day! :devil

·
Registered
230 Posts
Two Alfa dealers in Las Vegas

JuliaQ4-Nut, I appreciate your operatic metaphor but for me, being a little bit more rocknroll, it was Runnin Down a Dream (Tom Petty) and Slow Down (Beatles). Oh yeah!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Interesting, my daughter has the VW Touareg and I consider it a rather boring drive that has very little in common with the 280 HP Stelvio in terms of overall driving characteristics. Don't get me wrong, I like her SUV but there is nothing really sporty about it IMO. But, you've already noted that.

That said, given your history, I'm not surprised that you're holding out for the Stelvio Quad. Me? I get a bigger thrill from a car's handling than the sheer horsepower. As they say, different strokes for different folks. Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Older thread, but figure I will chime in. I went to both Findlay and Towbin before buying at Towbin. Findlay was nice and super laid back so much so they didn't seem overly interested in selling a car. Which was fine, but it wasn't like I said just here to look or anything. I didn't receive much education on the vehicle other than which color did I like and any options I needed to have.

Towbin is Towbin and honestly while they are hard sellers I have gotten some of the most amazing deals from them in the past (other Towbin locations). If you like car deals and like a little pressure than Towbin is where it is at. I actually enjoy doing car deals and if you are armed with the proper knowledge then these guys don't scare you.

If you are expecting a luxury dealership feel like I had a few years ago at a Cadillac dealership then Towbin is probably not for you. Once they know you know your stuff they tend not to BS you or hold you hostage, they cut to the chase and typically have more room to help on their vehicles than most dealerships. Are there better experiences...absolutely, are there better prices... not sure.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Older thread, but figure I will chime in. I went to both Findlay and Towbin before buying at Towbin. Findlay was nice and super laid back so much so they didn't seem overly interested in selling a car. Which was fine, but it wasn't like I said just here to look or anything. I didn't receive much education on the vehicle other than which color did I like and any options I needed to have.

Towbin is Towbin and honestly while they are hard sellers I have gotten some of the most amazing deals from them in the past (other Towbin locations). If you like car deals and like a little pressure than Towbin is where it is at. I actually enjoy doing car deals and if you are armed with the proper knowledge then these guys don't scare you.

If you are expecting a luxury dealership feel like I had a few years ago at a Cadillac dealership then Towbin is probably not for you. Once they know you know your stuff they tend not to BS you or hold you hostage, they cut to the chase and typically have more room to help on their vehicles than most dealerships. Are there better experiences...absolutely, are there better prices... not sure.
they had 3 cars available about 2 weeks ago, and they had VERY good prices.....I was almost ready to get that black Quadri but found a good deal closer to home that did not justify shipping the car across the US....enjoy your Stelvio!!!.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts