Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sales are ramping, and so is inventory. I'm wondering when Lusso package (want the Crema color, or brown) and CarPlay Android Auto will arrive.

carsalesbase.com - Automotive Industry analysis, opinions and data
June 2
July 99
August 203
September 329
October? (I'll make a guess of 450.)

Cargurus, today nationwide 1824 listings

Autotrader, today nationwide 1,777 matches

With the not so great residual value, I hope pricing/lease incentives improve.

Only 1 dealer in my state, and it's a Fiat/AR. I've been unimpressed with this dealer, and the other one out of state that I visited. (See Dealer Experiences thread.) I would like to have at least 2 dealers within a two or three hour drive.

·
Registered
378 Posts
CarPlay Android is currently available with the Stelvio, right?
I was told by an Alfa salesperson it's also standard/available with the production Giulia's as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told CarPlay "late availability", and uncertain whether the current units are upgradeable. I think a person making a recent order was told it is uncertain if the unit delivered will have it.

Over at Giulia forum, there is a thread and people have been told both Yes and No about if they'll be able to get an update. Most feel the truthful answer is No.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The thing with older Giulia's is that the system isn't compatible with CarPlay/Android and they can't be updated to function with the systems. So tough luck for those owners if their giulia didn't come with it. The same probably applies to the Stelvio too, which is unfortunate.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Oct, 22. I was just searching for options and interior color, and noticed inventory of all Stelvio across US:

Autotrader 2900.

Cargurus 2000.

Cars.com 2500.

A big discrepancy amongst the reports, but a lot of inventory. I'm revising my guesstimate of October sales upwards to 600 (from guess of 450), thinking Alfa must see a nice upward sales trend to justify this rising inventory.

I do wish that there would be more streamlined option packages to simplify shopping. Sure, I might pay for some items I don't need, but might get an overall better value; trickle down from FCA efficiency in inventory turns.

I hope this inventory can be updated to Apple CarPlay and AA.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
June 2
July 99
August 203
September 329
October 434 [My 10/04 guess of 450 was lucky.]
November ???? [I'll guess November sales of 650 units.]

Autotrader 3803
Cargurus 2000 [Maybe the max a search will return, as it's been stuck at 2000 most of the last month?]
Cars.com 3139

If I use 3139 as the dealer inventory and divide by an estimated sales number of 650, there is about 4.8 months of inventory.

~ 5 months of inventory seems to be a lot.

If -if- current inventory isn't upgradeable to CarPlay and Android Auto, and new November and December production does support it, the dealers will have a real hassle. Even if the vast majority of buyers might not care, but what a pain.

·
Registered
378 Posts
YTD sales?

June 2
July 99
August 203
September 329

Autotrader 3803
Cargurus 2000 [Maybe the max a search will return, as it's been stuck at 2000 most of the last month?]
Cars.com 3139

If I use 3139 as the dealer inventory and divide by an estimated sales number of 650, there is about 4.8 months of inventory.

If -if- current inventory isn't upgradeable to CarPlay and Android Auto, and new November and December production does support it, the dealers will have a real hassle. Even if the vast majority of buyers might not care, but what a pain.
I wonder why there is such a discrepancy with monthly sales total. Registrations can be pulled automatically from all 50 states these days.

I always thought this site had the most accurate numbers: Alfa Romeo Stelvio US car sales figures

But then again, maybe the other websites may be more accurate.
Or are those sites getting their numbers from a 3rd party source influenced by FCA?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried to go back and edit my post to label Sales, and Inventory. Indeed, that is the site I used for Sales numbers, the others for range of Inventory.

Sales http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/alfa-romeo/alfa-romeo-stelvio/:
June 2
July 99
August 203
September 329

Inventory:
Autotrader 3803
Cars.com 3139

Even if sales ramp to 700/month in November, and Alfa stops shipping more units than dealers sell-through, thats 4.5 months of dealer inventory.

If -if- current inventory isn't upgradeable to CarPlay and Android Auto, and new November and December production does support it, the dealers will have a real headache. Even if the vast majority of buyers might not care, but what a pain.

A dealer called me to say he learned from Alfa that Lusso and Apple CarPlay won't be available to order until January. I take this with large grain of salt.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
11/26 Inventory reported:

Autotrader 4709

Cars.com 4151

November sales numbers won't get reported until ~ Dec 6.

I'm seeing more Sport Ti units, well optioned.

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
December 2017 #'s

Looks like 1000 units-- about 30% increase over November. https://www.allpar.com/news/2018/01/fca-closes-a-mixed-2017-down-11-39238

Tough market out there for SUV's-- differentiation is brilliant but the market is slow to respond. I still am waiting to see another on the road (have to do the Stelvio Wave - like the Jeep wave LOL). I have such good feeling towards the brand and personal experience. Hope it catches on.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Looks like 1000 units-- about 30% increase over November. https://www.allpar.com/news/2018/01/fca-closes-a-mixed-2017-down-11-39238

Tough market out there for SUV's-- differentiation is brilliant but the market is slow to respond. I still am waiting to see another on the road (have to do the Stelvio Wave - like the Jeep wave LOL). I have such good feeling towards the brand and personal experience. Hope it catches on.
I guess the positive news for Alfa is that over 1/3rd of all Stelvio sales were last month. So it appears to be picking up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I guess the positive news for Alfa is that over 1/3rd of all Stelvio sales were last month. So it appears to be picking up.
Very nice uptick in sales! The incentives and some dealer discounting seems to have helped. Roll out Apple CarPlay/AA and front of seat tilt (Lusso package). Still, 5+ months inventory at this new rate (997/mo).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice uptick in sales! The incentives and some dealer discounting seems to have helped. Roll out Apple CarPlay/AA and front of seat tilt (Lusso package). Still, 5+ months inventory at this new rate (997/mo).
Very nice uptick in sales! Very, very, positive. The incentives and some dealer discounting seems to have helped.

Please release Apple CarPlay/AA and front of seat tilt (Lusso package); and update/refine the media center. Then ask alexonautos to re-score. ;-)

Still, 5+ months inventory at this new rate (997/mo).

·
Registered
378 Posts
In a way, I like sales depressed...never ran into another Stelvio on the road.
All I get are stares and twerks in BMW's + Mustangs trying to race me.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
In a way, I like sales depressed...never ran into another Stelvio on the road.
All I get are stares and twerks in BMW's + Mustangs trying to race me.
Agree to a point. We will have better aftermarket options and alternate service points when volume increases. I have never owned anything that could be considered 'badass' (well, maybe my V-Rod) and although a little out of character I am enjoying surprised and envious looks from others and a considerable amount of celebrity!

I am hoping to make some friends and form a little owners group in the area. Maybe we could have a spot on the field at Chrysler Nationals for example and socialize a bit; compare notes. Or maybe the whole thing is 'Middy-esque' but I can't express how much we are enjoying every aspect of Stelvio ownership- it has been a long time since I've been so excited over a vehicle.

Reactions: zvezdah1
1 - 19 of 19 Posts