Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2018 Stelvio Quadrifoglio Rosso Competizione Tri-Coat
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a 2108 Stelvio Quad advertised for sale with the 2020 infotainment head unit installed. Does anyone know how this is possible? I'd be interested in doing the same.

· Registered
222 Posts
The budget of the brand is very low. I would bet you just swap the computer connected to the screen. I also bet the center console outside of the wireless charging would be a swap with the same plugs underneath.

· Registered
1,488 Posts
Actually they sell the headunits that looks very similar to 2020 on alibaba. Touch screen, wireless carplay etc...
I think they sell it for 900 to 1300, all android based. I bought just the switch for the 2018 radio to have wireless carplay. I think they sell those for 300 or so now... bought mine 2 years ago for 600

· Registered
886 Posts
Actually they sell the headunits that looks very similar to 2020 on alibaba. Touch screen, wireless carplay etc...
I think they sell it for 900 to 1300, all android based. I bought just the switch for the 2018 radio to have wireless carplay. I think they sell those for 300 or so now... bought mine 2 years ago for 600
I think those actually use screen integration though, so you still need the Alfa infotainment to access all the car settings etc.

· Registered
1,488 Posts
Here's one I found. looks like this is a complete unit with the screen.
krando radio Not sure if I want to do this but it's an option. I believe these units intergrate with alfa car settings. I never bought anything from alibaba but I do know that some has.

· Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Sport Vesuvio Grey
406 Posts
krando radio Not sure if I want to do this but it's an option. I believe these units intergrate with alfa car settings. I never bought anything from alibaba but I do know that some has.
It indicates it has subwoofer control, interesting. Does seem like a bit of a gamble.

· Registered
5 Posts
I've bought 1 and try to need some translation from the guys, they deliver it without manual or discription how to connect.
Just screen, wires and 2 antenna's in the box.

Most is plug in, except 4 wires.
No idea what the brown and blue wire is for. lol
And the IR is mentioned for "In reverse" or "Infra red" lmao
Wood Gesture Line Handwriting Thumb

· Registered
1,488 Posts
My brand came with wires too but wasn't needed. I bet one of those wires are for the camera? I only plugged in the end to the head unit of the alfa. other wires were wrapped up and tied away. there is a microphone line and a USB but those are easy to identify since they are shaped like that. Other wires, I have no idea what they are...

· Registered
222 Posts
I've bought 1 and try to need some translation from the guys, they deliver it without manual or discription how to connect.

View attachment 25287
IR - Infra red for a receiver so you could use a remote with it would be my guess.
ACC - Should tell the radio the car is powered on. It goes to ignition or cigarette lighter type source.
Blue could be for a powered antenna
Brown?????
I would wager that you do not need to use them.

· Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Sport Vesuvio Grey
406 Posts

Good luck with the install. Please update this thread if and when you get it working. I am particularly interested to know if the headunit increases the audio quality at all and how the mic works for phone calls, thanks!

· Registered
5 Posts
IR - Infra red for a receiver so you could use a remote with it would be my guess.
ACC - Should tell the radio the car is powered on. It goes to ignition or cigarette lighter type source.
Blue could be for a powered antenna
Brown?????
I would wager that you do not need to use them.
There is no powered antenna .. 1 sattelite and 4g antenna and no infra red on it

@jvincetti1991 this guy got it to work...

· Registered
222 Posts
Here you see a part of the installation.
I know your right what I am saying is that could be what the wires are meant for. Remember they use the same internals for several different cars and the outer interface is what is modeled after factory. I had similar systems for my F150, Mustang, and Accord. They all had those similar extra wires that were not used most of the time.

· Registered
5 Posts
I know your right what I am saying is that could be what the wires are meant for. Remember they use the same internals for several different cars and the outer interface is what is modeled after factory. I had similar systems for my F150, Mustang, and Accord. They all had those similar extra wires that were not used most of the time.
Yep so true ... I

· Registered
5 Posts
you only have 4 wires ... i think I had close to a dozen all labeled in chinese which were not part of the install.... think most were for speakers.
i know but connect 1 wrong one and your ECU is toast and this is a part of it what lots of people forget.
That's why you can't use a 2020 screen on a 2018 Stelvio, all sensors and ECU is different.

· Registered
11 Posts

View attachment 25287
How would you rate the unit? These guys told me that the unit does not work 100% with 2018 and 2019s. I am looking at another one.

Are you happy with the purchase or would you advise against it?

· Registered
11 Posts
For anyone who has done this retrofit - when you try to access the stock interface, are you getting a distorted image?

My unit looks great and I'm enjoying all the upgraded features, but when I go to the stock UI (including backup camera), I get a static/distorted image that does not align. Has anyone had a similar issue and is there a fix in the settings?
Gadget Display device Multimedia Font Electronic device

1 - 20 of 28 Posts