Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Add a more aggressive, throaty exhaust note along with increased performance and show stopping looks.

Alfa Romeo Stelvio Performance Exhaust - 2.0L - MADNESS - Monza - Dual Side Exit

Upgrade your restrictive factory exhaust with our new Alfa Romeo Stelvio Monza Performance Exhaust System!

To view the full product details on the MADNESS Monza Exhaust System for your 2.0L Alfa Romeo Stelvio please visit the link below:
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Performance Exhaust - 2.0L - MADNESS - Monza - Dual Side Exit - MADNESS Autoworks - Auto Parts and Accessories

·
Registered
91 Posts
@MADNESS Autoworks , I am in the market for an exhaust for my 2020 Ti Sport, but when I spoke to my service tech today, he said it will void the manufacturer warranty on the car.
That comment is the only thing holding me back. What has been your experience?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Your dealer is ignorant or lying. Kinda. Federal law prohibits the manufacturer from denying warrany repair just because you install an aftermarket part - they have to prove it caused the problem. If you install an exhaust system and your shocks fail, your warranty will fix the shocks. If you burn a valve in the engine FCA could deny a warranty claim if they think the exhaust damaged the engine. It would be a huge stretch to prove that the exhaust caused the burned valve, but you might have to go through arbitration to get a definitive answer.

All that said, there are hundreds of thousands of aftermarket exhaust systems on many many motor vehicles, and engine damage is extremely rare - its usually caused by other mods the owners made. I wouldn’t be afraid to install one if I wanted the loud noise.

·
Vendor
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@MADNESS Autoworks , I am in the market for an exhaust for my 2020 Ti Sport, but when I spoke to my service tech today, he said it will void the manufacturer warranty on the car.
That comment is the only thing holding me back. What has been your experience?

Hello thesassyindian,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In general basic bolt on mods like an intake and exhaust are normally regarded as warranty safe, and the dealership would have to prove that the modification led to the problem.

With that said, every dealership and ever service department is different. The safest way is to open a dialog with the Service Manager and see how they feel about bolt on mods like an exhaust.

Some are okay with mods provided they do the installation and some are not.

We have worked with several dealerships in the past and they will install our products onto customer cars often.

If you would like feel free to reach out to us directly (562) 981-6800 and I can get you in touch with one of our more Senior Techs who help answer your questions.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My dealership installed this system on mine and said warranty was not affected at all by it.

I love this set up!!!! Its just a tad aggressive on cold start so watch if you live in a condo, but zero drone on driving at any speed.
I did ask two of my local dealerships if they could install a bolt-on cat-back exhaust. They both agreed to do the install, but said it would void the vehicle warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts