Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my wife purchased a stelvio ti with red/black interior. Any ideas what cleaner to use or conditoner that will keep the color looking new?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I cannot really help you on the conditioner etc. There’ll be a lot of people on here that have good knowledge with that I believe.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Hackmunch: Welcome + good to know you. Same with brown. First attempt was some Lexol and it was uneven, left some white staining on the stitching. But I have family in Carbiz.com will ask. One thing is don't go cheap. Like you I want to do the best thing. Couple of others may have suggestions. My previous Overland was amazing after 10 years but it was a perforated less matte finish.

Reactions: 32432423

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I have never owned a vehical with any color leather except black so I'm a little afraid to just try anything. Plus my wife would kill me if I destroyed her beauty lol

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Ok, I have never owned a vehical with any color leather except black so I'm a little afraid to just try anything. Plus my wife would kill me if I destroyed her beauty lol
Mine wasn't happy with the Lexol result however in cleaning I did experiment with a little Maguire detail material and it seemed to have good results. More on this later.

It is important to me to preserve and maintain the leather. One thing for sure is the quality of leather in the Stelvio the is excellent.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm partial to Pinnacle Black Label products.
Keep the seats basically clean and apply a conditioner to the leather. Try not to use a cleaner a lot unless your seats get filthy. Always use a conditioner after the cleaner.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I've never had red/brown leather, but my beige Pontiac and BMW leather, and black range rover leather all had nice results from Luxol.

with any product you want to avoid using the cleaner anymore than necessary (1 bottle of cleaner for every 4-5 bottles of conditioner, if not more), it's always good to just try a damp towel before resorting to cleaning products. Whenever you do any cleaning, it's important to follow-up with a conditioner to ensure the leather doesn't dry out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone found anything that works well on the red leather? I love my seats and want them pristine. I’m in Texas and I’m so afraid that they will fade. I would appreciate any feedback from any other owners. Thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts
The only way to mitigate against fade is to avoid the sun....so, either....

1) Tint the non tinted windows if your state allows
2) Garage whenever possible
3) Park in the shade whenever possible
4) Live a little....take great care of your Stelvio and if you own it long enough, when the leather fades you can call it "patina"......!!!!!

Reactions: tom1356
1 - 12 of 12 Posts