Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need suggestions please on best way to remove the protective film on the upper brake light which factory installed. Looks like the local dealership tried to peel it off but was unsuccessful and aborted midway.

Thanks in advance!
Eric

·
Registered
87 Posts
I would try spraying the film with Fantastik. Then try using something like a plastic ice scrapper. You don't want to use a metal scraper on the light cover or you might damage it. I found Fantastik works great in removing old registration and inspection stickers from glass.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used goo gone sprayed some on cloth then rubbed the lens. I tried it on a corner first to make sure it didn't harm the lens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Jpelli & wassei1 for your suggestions - it's great to know I can count on my fellow Stelvio lovers!

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
71 Posts
Thank you Jpelli & wassei1 for your suggestions - it's great to know I can count on my fellow Stelvio lovers!
Were you able to remove it? Your post made me think to look at mine. Same thing on brand new car. Ugh. I’m thinking mine might never come off and that the lens May need to be replaced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts