Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

US Advertising

5K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  tipo949 
#1 ·
I’m not sure who’s in charge of Alfa’s US advertising, but it sure isn’t going to entice many buyers. The Stelvio is a driver’s car, but it seems like they are aiming their ads at metrosexual hot yoga instructors. I like Alfas, which is why I bought a new Stelvio, but the repetition ad nauseum of the same banal type of advertising for the Gulia really put me off. Wise up Marchionne! Hire the agency that does the Jaguar advertising.

#3 ·
as a long time Alfa owner, most of their advertising doesn't appeal to me - and some just strikes a nerve, as in i don't want to be a part of that demographic.

I recognise they have to sell to a market much bigger than me and people who used to buy Alfas though, so if it works I'm good with it.

the bigger issue is where they place the advertising - it's a waste to put the ads in front of the anti-car people, the prius/tesla crowd, although a few tesla people may be swayed if they were buying for one sort of status settled on a different sort.

#7 · (Edited)
THIS is the ad that rocks with me. (almost sounds like Eminem, too)

Especially after looking at Lexus, BMW, Benz, Accura, blah, blah, blah -

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO true!

Reactions: 1929
#20 ·
on CNN

While I was busy working on my computer this evening I was glancing at CNN which had several specials on North Korea, the KKK, etc
Was I surprised to see this Alfa Stelvio ad 3 times!! Looked great on TV,

Hopefully, it hit some nerds thinking about buying an Infinity or Lexus. (HUGE yawn.....)

#11 · (Edited)
So many are contrived designs-- Lexus (especially with that front end), Murano, Infiniti look like they were designed by a committee that couldn't agree or like Ronald McDonald threw up in CAD-- clown cars-- truly inelegant and designed to project a progressive style that will be obsolete before the title arrives (more about making a splash and being avant garde than true integrated cohesive design). I'm not sure what's gotten into our Japanese friends with the exception of Mazda. Alfa, in the Italian verve, is truly unified art in motion and a work of art beautifully executed. Of course style is subjective and as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and there are plenty of takers who need the ego extension of making some sort of outlandish statement. Good design (hate to admit it but Hyundai/Kia are good examples) appeals to all of the senses and reflects a timeless elegance. FCA probably should let our Italian friends have more influence in future styling!

Reactions: 1929
#16 ·
Honestly not sure who Alfa is trying to market the Stelvio too.

Hop I don't offend anyone here but I think one problem could be that Alfa seems to be tagging on with Chrysler dealerships. The one we went to last night was behind the main Chrysler show room, shared with Fiat, and our salesman barely spoke English. Poor kid. Pretty sure I knew more about the Stelvio than he did, though he did seem somewhat knowledgeable about the car at least. The language barrier wasn't too bad but it did make it difficult to convey that we would not buy the car without CarPlay. In any case, this dealership seems to be treated as an afterthought. Hard to find and on first glance not the best sales staff. There's another nearby that we'll visit when we get closer to buying. This one is attached to a Ferrari dealer lol! Curious to see the difference.

#19 ·
Honestly not sure who Alfa is trying to market the Stelvio too.

Hop I don't offend anyone here but I think one problem could be that Alfa seems to be tagging on with Chrysler dealerships.
I think that is a regional thing, my dealership is Alfa & Maserati, but other locations they own under the same umbrella also sell Aston Martin, Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, and Pagani. I got to walk through their main service shop while I was dealing with the fuel pump issue, and saw TWO! McLaren P1s, a Veyron, and an Aston Martin Vulcan (among plenty of other high end and exotic cars). Needless to say any worries about their local knowledge on fixing low production number cars was alieved.

Reactions: JnDRader
#17 ·
My dealer is Maserati/Ferrari/Alfa combo only - no Chrysler. Very upscale but small, they had 2 Maseratis, 2 Ferraris, and 1 Stelvio cramped inside their showroom. Service was attached to the back of the building.
Their company owns separate BMW, Lexus, and Mercedes dealerships in different cities but under the same company umbrella.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.