Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Automobile review says this:

But there are 750 of the four-cylinder Stelvios at the port in Baltimore right now, fresh from the factory in Cassino, Italy; expect them to begin arriving soon at a Dealer Near You.
Of course they could be held up at port for weeks, like the Giulia was.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Held up at port or being trucked the long way around. Shipping logistics are beyond me when I see the path cars travel, sometimes mind boggling when you see how they circle the country instead of taking the most direct route.

But the Stelvio sin definitely worth the wait with how positive the reviews generally are. Car and Driver is definitely a fan of its handling prowess, precise enough to give the driver enough confidence to corner closer to trees or closer to those annoying drainage ditches that some cars swerve wide to avoid.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Infotainment systems seems to be one of the things people complain about no matter the model. Just complicated and there's usually a few bugs from what I hear. And I'm generally fine with electronic braking, though others say that there's isn't enough feedback from them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Infotainment systems seems to be one of the things people complain about no matter the model. Just complicated and there's usually a few bugs from what I hear. And I'm generally fine with electronic braking, though others say that there's isn't enough feedback from them.
I had a Giulia, which has the same baking system, as a courtesy car for a day and frankly braking wasn't an issue at all.

·
Registered
146 Posts
To each their own; Caranddriver seems to be a fan of the braking system and claims that it's even better than the Giulia.
. The brake pedal responds obediently to slight pressure modulation, and in general Alfa’s brake-by-wire system felt more natural and better sorted this time around than it has in Giulia sedans that we’ve driven.

·
Registered
139 Posts
With these new braking systems and how programmed people are to the traditional systems still heavily used today, a lot of people you'll find won't be a "fan" of the brake by wire system in these. Until they're able to have enough time to adapt to it, they'll perception will slowly change over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts