Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Requesting inputs and guidance. We have found the following 2 cars and are contemplating what to buy

1. Used 2019 Stelvio RWD with 3000 miles - original MSRP 44,490 and dealer is asking for 33,500 (it has the paint, sirius, cold & nero package)

2. New 2020 Stelvio RWD with 36 miles - original MSRP 46,190 and dealer is giving a discount of 9K with asking price 37,190 (includes paint, driver assist, sun roof, nero and sirius packages)

Could you please help advise on what's a better deal. How much should we ask for on the used Vs. new when negotiating. Heard these cars are getting better. Also, do all models except the quadro have 280hp? Thank you in advacnce.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Yup.

280hp, not sure about pricing in your area, online tools really do help with that, True Car, Edmunds, etc. Alot of regional variation. Can say (as far as discount) alot more profit in used...so more room for a discount. Also the used market has tanked harder than the new market since COVID...dont be afraid to grind them on the used pricing.

Can say..I love the adaptive cruise on my car, probably helped me stay out of a few tickets since I have a heavy foot..and the sunroof too, really makes the interior nicer for me.

Otherwise..how much is the upgraded interior pieces, Italian flag emblem and infotainment worth to you? 3000k miles on the used one, that engine isnt even broken in fully...basically new still.

Also..the 2020 is supossedly a little lower than the 2019. May not matter to you but good to know if you care about the ground clearance at all.

Either way, great ride. The RWD model has to be a ton of fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you ALFAOFFROAD. Appreciate the inputs and the suggestions. This ones for the wife, hence making sure I get everything right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What area are you in? Deals vary widely as inventory does. I've been tracking prices for a few months. Both prices seem fair. I would make sure to review the options on the window sticker using a FAC VIN webtool here (you plug in the VIN at the end of the web URL instead of the one given: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=ZASFAKNN7J7C00574
Thanks storsav, that webtool for VIN is great. We are in NC and are considering to go with the 2019. Do you know about the prepaid maintenance pricing? The dealer quoted pre-paid maintenance costs are 24/20,000 miles for $1000, 36/30,000 miles for $1500 and 48/40,000 miles for $2000. Are these prices standard? Does it really cost so much for maintenance? Please advise and thank you in advance.

·
Registered
19 Quadrifoglio Trofeo White,black with green/white,Dynamic pack, Pano roof,Carbon wheel, Dark wheel
47 Posts
Go with the 2020. You'll get a year newer on resale value right off the bat. In regards to the updates, the infotainment update is huge. I'm in a 20 loaner and own a 19 and the differences are dramatic. The center console is also way more upscale and solid feeling. The shifter no longer looks like an after thought. I can actually move the center console in my 19 left and right a bit. The adaptive cruise on the 20 is also better. The 19 doesn't have lkas but the 20 does. Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Go with the 2020. You'll get a year newer on resale value right off the bat. In regards to the updates, the infotainment update is huge. I'm in a 20 loaner and own a 19 and the differences are dramatic. The center console is also way more upscale and solid feeling. The shifter no longer looks like an after thought. I can actually move the center console in my 19 left and right a bit. The adaptive cruise on the 20 is also better. The 19 doesn't have lkas but the 20 does. Good luck with your purchase.
Thank you IrPilot. Did you happen to buy the prepaid maintenance plan, if so how much did it cost? Thanks

·
Registered
19 Quadrifoglio Trofeo White,black with green/white,Dynamic pack, Pano roof,Carbon wheel, Dark wheel
47 Posts
Thank you IrPilot. Did you happen to buy the prepaid maintenance plan, if so how much did it cost? Thanks
I didn't. We really don't hold on to cars long enough. We got a lifetime warranty plan for our last car and never used it before trading it in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts