Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my build sheet there is a feature included called "T3/L3 Zero Evap vehicle tracking" that I have not been able to find out any information on.
For those of you that have picked up your vehicles, was there any documentation included or any sort of pricing?

Reactions: nichaschw26

·
Registered
250 Posts
On my build sheet there is a feature included called "T3/L3 Zero Evap vehicle tracking" that I have not been able to find out any information on.
For those of you that have picked up your vehicles, was there any documentation included or any sort of pricing?
Nice! The stelvio has built in vehicle tracking??? So they can track it if it gets stolen. Like a lo-jack system dealers would try to sell. Chrysler has it,you can look it up through the Pacifica

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
that's on my build sheet, but I don't think it's on the window sticker. If you watch the video of the Stelvio production line they show a tracker in the car as it leaves the factory for tracking during delivery, presumably that's what it means.

Reactions: nichaschw26

·
Registered
250 Posts
that's on my build sheet, but I don't think it's on the window sticker. If you watch the video of the Stelvio production line they show a tracker in the car as it leaves the factory for tracking during delivery, presumably that's what it means.
I found this in reference to what is says on build sheet. There’s another video too that shows tracking online if stolen
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ozFwXUEBEuw

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! The stelvio has built in vehicle tracking??? So they can track it if it gets stolen. Like a lo-jack system dealers would try to sell. Chrysler has it,you can look it up through the Pacifica
It does show the same feature on the Pacifica and Mopar does offer a vehicle tracking package through Guidepoint Systems but I can't find much information on it.
Here's a very old and probably out of date info:
http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=10056&mid=

Hopefully it's something that is available.

·
Registered
250 Posts
It does show the same feature on the Pacifica and Mopar does offer a vehicle tracking package through Guidepoint Systems but I can't find much information on it.
Here's a very old and probably out of date info:
http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=10056&mid=

Hopefully it's something that is available.
It’s definitely a nice free feature to have “if equipped” :) they can track your vehicle when stolen before its put in a shipping container and shipped for sales overseas...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s definitely a nice free feature to have “if equipped” :) they can track your vehicle when stolen before its put in a shipping container and shipped for sales overseas...
"If equipped" hahaha, good point.

·
Registered
508 Posts

Almost every stolen car goes to a chop shop and gets torn down. Parts are are then sold and the thieves make 3 to 4 times as much as if they had sold the whole car intact. But to have a market for those parts you need the stolen vehicle to be popular.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stolen?

Almost every stolen car goes to a chop shop and gets torn down. Parts are are then sold and the thieves make 3 to 4 times as much as if they had sold the whole car intact. But to have a market for those parts you need the stolen vehicle to be popular.
Not sure where your information comes from, but I have worked a lot of stolen car cases where whole cars are shipped all over the world. Where ever you don't have something in abundance in a foreign country, there is a high market even for mediocre cars. Higher end cars from $40,000 and up are stolen and shipped completely intact all the time and for various reasons.

Just my experience.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Other than listed on the build sheet, there has been no information that I've been able to find out about the "T3/L3 Zero Evap vehicle tracking"
There was nothing in the manual and the dealer had no knowledge of it.

However, for Canadian Stelvio drivers, the TELUS Drive+ works excellent. I've geofenced my house and get alerts when the car enters and leaves, I can do a trip replay, see its current location, direction & speed and the app gets alerts if my son speeds or if anyone disturbs it while parked. I feel it's a worth while addition and worth the $10 monthly.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts