Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was driving a modded 2017 AMG c63 Coupe. She decided she wanted an SUV and wanted it to perform similar to her MB. We seriously considered The Track Hawk but she claimed everyone has a Jeep and didn’t want the Beast. Luckily we stopped by the AR dealer and decided to try a Stelvio Quadrifoglio. After 3 months we couldn’t be more impressed. Had the ECU done and dyno tuned. Took it to a half mile dead stop side by side event last weekend and it’s perf blew me away. It crushed an M4, M3, GT 500 and new X5M. It also dispatched a new CTSV. 2.9 L V6, WTF? Have a 19 Z06, ran it twice and parked it in favor of the Stelvio for the rest of the day. We are in the process of adding our touches which includes carbon fiber tips, painted mirror caps and front V. Blacked out all logos and added CF door handle covers from China (they fit great). Have ordered from Madness GoPedal, CF spoiler cover, headlight CF trim and CF hood louvre covers. God I love this car, thanks Alpha keep up the good work.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Beautiful. Where did you source the CF tips?

Reactions: MBW

·
Registered
354 Posts
Definitely like the stripes!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Who Tuned it and what were the dyno results?

Please post the charts if possible as the Stelvio Community is totally absent of what you are bringing to the table - Straight Line Racing, Performance Upgrades and Ass Whoopins - Love IT!

"Left the 19 Z06 Parked" LMAO

·
Registered
354 Posts
Can I have racing stripes. too?

Back in the day, I told my kids that if we got the used Toyota Sienna from Carmax, I'd put racing stripes on it... (A long way from my two tone 1965 Ford Econoline Window Van with the Rolling Stones tongue on the front; good for wintering in the Keys... will send a picture of that if I ever find it.)

Some cars and vans are just fun, then there's the Stelvio...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Generally racing stripes are dumb IMO.

Those look absolutely bad ass. Love the texture and placement, coloring...all of it. Looks sweet, especially the bottom stripes....looks more unified without the green IMO.

Nice story about the cars it has taken out too. Not surprising, a lot of power is lost in most cars do to driveline slop/in-efficiencies in the drivetrain - especially in rear wheel drive cars where the drive shaft mass and bearing quality are crucial to performance but many manufacturers cheap out on them using heavy materials for the drive shaft and cheaply designed/engineered bearings that allow for an excess of play at the joint. Alfa prioritized drivetrain development over just about anything else it seems like, and it makes a huge difference in how the vehicle drives.

·
Registered
350 Posts
5150 X2 on the plate.

Random one or a Vanity?

Van Halen fan or Crazy person from California driving a BMW X2?

The Carbon Fibre stuff from Madness is fantastic stuff, Fits perfect and real carbon fibre. Always great people to talk to on the phone as well

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pgiulekas

Why don’t you do something to your Stelvio to make it look like something other than the cheapest Stelvio Alpha makes? It looks pathetic!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I love your stripes. Colors are perfect against the white background. Mine is leased, so I can't put on any mods. Well done.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I think it's cool the people that love thier Alfa pretty much think THIER Alfa is the best, whatever model, options etc...

And do stuff to it whether drive it more than nessesary, modify it, whatever.

Even the people who don't like it so much, they aren't indifferent for the most part. It still creates an emotional reaction.

Love that. It is what has been missing in the industry.

Love it, hate it, feel something.

Can't talk trash on those stripes..they look pro. Run along the lines of the car naturally...work with the lineage...solid. Could be a factory special edition. Seriously good job.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I really like the red and green pinstripes... and I'm not usually a fan of this stuff either but that just looks quality pizan all the way. Makes me want to haul a$$ to Pepe's for a pizza.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts