Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Fellow Alfisti,

Wanted to say 'hi' to the group and share my excitement of becoming an official owner since this past Monday. I was finally able to take it out today to the dentist and enjoyed every moment of the short trip. Purchased from Alfa Romeo of Kirkland (Rairdon's Fiat, Alfa Romeo, and Maserati) and had an excellent experience there.

Cool Stelvio Fact:
Upon playing with the Infotainment functionality today, I found out that the tailgate opening height can be set to different heights from the Infotainment system. I haven't seen this mentioned yet and it has been something of a concern I've heard or seen in a review recently.

Excited to discuss and share insights with all of you.

Thanks,
Vesuvio_Seattle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the a very lucky small group of owners the Stelvio it is special and I am sure you will enjoy being an owner.

I set my boot/tailgate to the one below max so it doesn't hit my garage roof.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Stelvio!
Luckily, my garage roof is quite high so a tailgate adjustment is not needed.

Any plans to tint windows, new tires, etc?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Stelvio!
Luckily, my garage roof is quite high so a tailgate adjustment is not needed.

Any plans to tint windows, new tires, etc?
Actually, the tint is quite substantial from what I am used to currently. I've never had a car tinted either, so no plans there. As for new tires, our car has the 20" optional wheels which I love - the sportiness of them! I think these run flat tires will perform well in the cold and wet conditions. If not, I would consider switching them out to the Continental Conti-Pro Contact DSW tires. They are not run flats so that would be a risk.... We shall see!

One downside to having purchased this early is that all accessories such as the all-weather floor mats are not yet available (unless they came with the car from the production line). I think they will be available in the next month, but a little annoying considering the car was released late in the summer and coming into the fall season...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice to know another Alfa guy (and stelvio owner) is nearby! I'm hoping to get my Stelvio in February! Really excited!
Awesome news! I've only seen a total of 3 Giulia's around town so far and no Stelvios. Be nice to see more but enjoying the exclusivity. Definitely attracts a lot of lookie loos. What did you order?

·
Read Only
849 Posts
welcome aboard from italy land

a little idea for windows and car safety, LLumar antisolar and anti theft film, absolutely top.
for wheels, I have change the standard latitude sport 3 with pilot sport 4 s - another planet

tested on nurburgring with wet, rai and sunny condition, 10°c max, absolutely perfect

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had the full Gtechniq treatment on bodywork, alloys and interior.
Superb i can just blast away the dirt go for a run round the block and the car has shed all the water and doesn't need drying.
Once a week I wash and dry and it only takes me 20 mins and car always looks fantastic.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice to know another Alfa guy (and stelvio owner) is nearby! I'm hoping to get my Stelvio in February! Really excited!
Awesome news! I've only seen a total of 3 Giulia's around town so far and no Stelvios. Be nice to see more but enjoying the exclusivity. Definitely attracts a lot of lookie loos. What did you order?
I haven't put in an order yet. I'm currently in the process of selling my house so February seems to be a reasonable time to which I can just grab one. The dealer I've been in contact with has been stocking ones I'd take. So finding one shouldn't been too difficult. :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
I had the full Gtechniq treatment on bodywork, alloys and interior.
Superb i can just blast away the dirt go for a run round the block and the car has shed all the water and doesn't need drying.
Once a week I wash and dry and it only takes me 20 mins and car always looks fantastic.
How long does Gteching last? Is there a different treatment for the interior?

I have always found the water marks on glass surfaces to be the toughest!! Any suggestions??

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hello Fellow Alfisti,

Wanted to say 'hi' to the group and share my excitement of becoming an official owner since this past Monday. I was finally able to take it out today to the dentist and enjoyed every moment of the short trip. Purchased from Alfa Romeo of Kirkland (Rairdon's Fiat, Alfa Romeo, and Maserati) and had an excellent experience there.

Cool Stelvio Fact:
Upon playing with the Infotainment functionality today, I found out that the tailgate opening height can be set to different heights from the Infotainment system. I haven't seen this mentioned yet and it has been something of a concern I've heard or seen in a review recently.

Excited to discuss and share insights with all of you.

Thanks,
Vesuvio_Seattle
Congrats on the purchase! I have to wait until Jan/ Feb for mine to arrive, still not 100% sure.

Reactions: Vesuvio_Seattle
1 - 11 of 11 Posts