Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I am in Florida. Downloaded the Alfa romeo owner app. Tried to register an account. It said a link would be sent. Never showed up. Deleted the app

·
Registered
102 Posts
So I got the recall done and I noticed my mileage went back up to around 29 on the highway. Was getting around 26. I haven’t noticed anything else

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hit my head on the sun visor and broke the clip. Called the service manager Fernando at Westbury Alfa today to order part and noticed the recall. He was able to give me an appointment for tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. for both the part and recall. Can't as for more than that. Thanks Fernando and thanks Alfa.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had the recall done a week ago. My Dealer Alfa Romeo of Akron, Ohio called me on Tuesday and got me in Thursday. The whole thing was about 45 minutes. I just had time to check out the 2020 Models and a cup of coffee. I noticed no real difference to speak of. I got the call from the Dealer the day they found out. I just got the card from Alfa today.
Now I just wish they would retrofit the crappy power seat adjusters so I could get some relief for my legs on long trips. I love the car but this is a glaring oversight by Alfa.
Kate from Alfa Cares I hope you are listening. Show us Alfa really cares and fix this. Even my piece of crap Ford Fusion had better seat adjustment.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hit my head on the sun visor and broke the clip. Called the service manager Fernando at Westbury Alfa today to order part and noticed the recall. He was able to give me an appointment for tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. for both the part and recall. Can't as for more than that. Thanks Fernando and thanks Alfa.
Happy to hear you'll be getting both things taken care so quickly, agoals! If you need assistance at any time, we are here in private message!

Kate
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
416 Posts
I had the recall done a week ago. My Dealer Alfa Romeo of Akron, Ohio called me on Tuesday and got me in Thursday. The whole thing was about 45 minutes. I just had time to check out the 2020 Models and a cup of coffee. I noticed no real difference to speak of. I got the call from the Dealer the day they found out. I just got the card from Alfa today.
Now I just wish they would retrofit the crappy power seat adjusters so I could get some relief for my legs on long trips. I love the car but this is a glaring oversight by Alfa.
Kate from Alfa Cares I hope you are listening. Show us Alfa really cares and fix this. Even my piece of crap Ford Fusion had better seat adjustment.
I appreciate you tagging me in this, Tabboo. I can certainly document this feedback regarding the seats, as we keep track of trends from the vehicle forums for review. That said, I am happy you had your recall performed and if you need any assistance in the future, reach out!

Kate
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
50 Posts
I really don't understand this comment.
Different trim levels had different options.
When I looked at the Stelvio, I read reviews, and went and checked out different trim levels, including sitting in both the Ti and Ti sport trims.
I knew that the Ti did not have seat tilt but the sport version did.
I was happy with the seats in the Ti and went that route.
Dealer can be expected to fix something that was supposed to be there and broke or malfunctioned.
But what makes you think that they they should go back and add stuff to a lower trim level when you had the option of buying a car with the more adjustable seats?
Probably best for a different thread, but I just don't get this mentality.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When I looked at the Stelvio, I read reviews, and went and checked out different trim levels, including sitting in both the Ti and Ti sport trims.
Dealer can be expected to fix something that was supposed to be there and broke or malfunctioned.
But what makes you think that they they should go back and add stuff to a lower trim level when you had the option of buying a car with the more adjustable seats?
I have the Ti sport and the seats are not very good if you drive more than 3 hours, this isnt something you would notice on a test drive. I know I didnt. I would have bought the Porsche if I had known it would be like this.
Not sure what exactly makes them uncomfortable after a long drive, I think the bottom cushion is too short, or the bottom doesnt tilt back far enough. Ive got a 89 Jeep and though the support is terrible, i dont hurt after a long drive like I do in the Alfa. Its probably just my old butt thats the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the Stelvio and Giulia done this week (both 2019 vehicles). Took about half an hour each. Our dealer is always very accommodating and the service manager got us in right away. Thanks again to Kieth and Mauricio at Alfa Romeo of Omaha for outstanding service.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Has anyone with a tune done this update? Im concerned it my mess with my tune. im holding off for now but will give my car more oil changes and longer idle time before shutting off the car.. I will do the update in a few months once this is fully sorted out and the pandemic is over..

·
Registered
416 Posts
Has anyone with a tune done this update? My tuner said to avoid it due to it changing the PCM which will affect the tune and may also set off a check engine light for anyone with an intake as it makes things much more sensitive.. but not sure about this.. im holding off for now but will give my car more oil changes and longer idle time before shutting off the car.. I will do the update in a few months once this is fully sorted out..
Hey, rambino. We do recommend having this done as soon as you can. If you have specific questions about how your vehicle could be affected, we recommend speaking with your dealer. If you need further assistance, send us a private message!

Kate
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
54 Posts
The notice I received made it sound like a performance issue and not a safety issue. If it was a safety issue, I would be more inclined to have the work done sooner rather than later. However, we are in the middle of a pandemic and advised not to leave our homes unless necessary. This doesn't sound like "necessary."

·
Registered
529 Posts
The Ti Sports don't have tilt either (unless it changed for 2020). I believe the only one that does is the Lusso which wasn't even available from day one. It's something that has bothered me a lot too as I go on long roadtrips and you don't notice it on small test drives. He said he wishes they would change it, not that he's expecting it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
2019 Ti Sports, without Lusso, have it. I test drove two before buying a 2019 (standard) Sport---because I liked the ext color/int chocolate/yellow caliper combo better.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The notice I received made it sound like a performance issue and not a safety issue. If it was a safety issue, I would be more inclined to have the work done sooner rather than later. However, we are in the middle of a pandemic and advised not to leave our homes unless necessary. This doesn't sound like "necessary."
You're correct, wassei1, this is categorized as a Customer Satisfaction Notification and not a safety recall. That said, as soon as things settle down, we recommend having it performed. We're here if you need assistance.

Kate
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti
6 Posts
I have the Ti sport and the seats are not very good if you drive more than 3 hours, this isnt something you would notice on a test drive. I know I didnt. I would have bought the Porsche if I had known it would be like this.
Not sure what exactly makes them uncomfortable after a long drive, I think the bottom cushion is too short, or the bottom doesnt tilt back far enough. Ive got a 89 Jeep and though the support is terrible, i dont hurt after a long drive like I do in the Alfa. Its probably just my old butt thats the problem.
It’s like the seat is tilted toward the floor. They’re comfortable, but I feel like I’m going to slide under the wheel if I stop too fast. This lack of adjustment is also compounded by the lack of pedal adjustment making it difficult to find that driving sweet spot.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts