Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The decision wasn't that hard to make.

When my wife asked me if I wanted to go and buy a baby shower gift with her at the mall or stay at home, well, I made the only choice a car guy could make. I decided to hang with my "mistress." my Stelvio TI.

After all, it was a balmy 82 degrees outside today in San Diego (or 28 Celsius for our European friends.) and their was no way, I wanted to be at a store looking at baby clothes, lol.

After hand washing my car, I went to work: started with Griot's pre-wax cleaner solution that prepares the paint. Then I clay the paint using Griot's Speed shine to moisturize the surface while claying. Finally, I seal the paint with SONAX Profline sealer spray using one of their sponge applicators.

Guys, this sealer is the bomb. You don't need to bring out your orbital polisher, just use clean, soft, microfiber towels to rub off after use. Since it's made in Germany, it's quality stuff and you'll love the way it lasts.

Other notable items used:

Wurth cockpit care (low gloss satin sheen)
SONAX plastic care (Exterior) - this spray is expensive, but well worth it. It last 2-4 car washes in most cases and leaves a muted not gaudy luster to the exterior plastic molding around the car. Trust me, you'll throw away the Armor All junk or 303 Aerospace Protectant sprays which disappear at the first sign of moisture.

I used other products for the interior leather and tires but more on that later, adios amigos!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Good call! I love uncommitted time like that! I would like to know what you applied to the leather surfaces when you have a sec. Did you purchase the detailing items online? Or Pep Boys? Mine was treated with a glass coat prior to delivery so I'm holding off on exterior coatings for now but look forward to a similar opportunity. Post a pic before it rains!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
leather care

Good call! I love uncommitted time like that! I would like to know what you applied to the leather surfaces when you have a sec. Did you purchase the detailing items online? Or Pep Boys? Mine was treated with a glass coat prior to delivery so I'm holding off on exterior coatings for now but look forward to a similar opportunity. Post a pic before it rains!
There are a lot of good products out there for taking care of your interior leather. I do stay away from Lexol, which I find too watery.
I use the following since it's thick and I like the way the leather feels after using it. Usually, I wipe the interior the day before so it gets to soak in overnight but it may not be necessary to go this extreme.

I have bought in the past online, but also once saw it at Pep Boys on sale:

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/leather+care.do

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
Thanks tip949! It looks familiar to Pep Boys; I'm due for a walk through there asap anyway. Also I did find the synax products on Amazon too. Appreciate your help.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
I try to work over the exterior first before I lose shade then windows, wipe jambs, vacuum, mats, sidewall treatment, etc. By then the sun has warmed the interior and treatment absorbs a little better. I have several options but for Stella will go for the Lexol.

After that you can be assured of bad weather the next several days!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for glass areas

normally I use only gtechnic g5 for windows front and rear, optimum sealant, perfect when rain
Thank you Marzio!

Gtechnic G5 is not cheap, but it sounds like it works great:

https://www.autogeek.net/gtechniq-g5-glass-coating.html

I'm currently using Rain X and basically, it's ok but not fantastic:

https://www.amazon.com/Rain-X-800002250-Glass-Treatment-Trigger/dp/B000BVRZ74

I'll order the Gtechnic G5 since I know now you do some heavy duty winter driving in Sweden...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts