Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't have to post locations or dealers, just curious what you guys/gals are signing at...

Are you paying:

Over MSRP?
MSRP?
Below MSRP?
Matching Invoice?
Below Invoice?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was told we had two on order, they will be sold at sticker, no less. Someone with a bunch might sell for less, but I doubt it, they’re hot right now.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was told we had two on order, they will be sold at sticker, no less. Someone with a bunch might sell for less, but I doubt it, they’re hot right now.
Thanks, trying to figure out how much I should push. Still haven't decided between Stelvio or Stelvio Quad...

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I expect dealers with in stock quads are holding out for a markup. It appears to me that only the larger dealers with clout have them now,and AR is working with them to facilitate a demand driven markup.
from here and alfa fb, I am aware of only 3 early customer orders, with one (a member here) receiving his last week.
it seems to me that AR considers the purchaser an end user, while the dealer is their customer - and they want to keep their biggest customers happy.

my order was with a smaller semi-local dealer, same Feb 8 order date, car was built over 2 months ago, and according to AR US it is still sitting in Italy. I really doubt that, and now expect mine to magically appear after the larger dealers have sold their initial stock at inflated prices.
my order price is under msrp.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I paid sticker plus added window tinting, and some extras but they worked with me on those. They had 4 other quads coming in with 2 being pre-orders and 1 being used as demo. They already had sold the other one as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have two on ground and six in transit meaning they will arrive within the next 2 1/2 weeks I would sell any of them at MSRP. At the end of the day they are just car and they can be replaced with more, the objective is to sell cars not to fall in love with them and keep them for lot jewelery..The fall in the love part happens after you buy it .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
I have two on ground and six in transit meaning they will arrive within the next 2 1/2 weeks I would sell any of them at MSRP. At the end of the day they are just car and they can be replaced with more, the objective is to sell cars not to fall in love with them and keep them for lot jewelery..The fall in the love part happens after you buy it .

If you wind up with an extra white one it belongs to lost! He's been (im)patiently waiting for it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I SO wish I could move up from my ti sport to a quad!! But if I did I couldn't be semi retired now!! :)

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
"lot jewelry"
it seems in my case AR wants to use it as port jewelry.
either that or they crashed it.

plenty at other dealers and more coming here in the N.E. - but no update, believable or not, on mine. x4M or something is starting to look pretty good from here, AR's "customer' service for "priority-1 - sold order' is a frigging joke.
yeah, I was patient until they had been sitting at other local dealers for a while, now I'm just pissed off.
"show your personality" - F#@*&%^ , arusa.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just a little something to get the weekend going. The Black on Yellow calipers is sold and waiting to go thru detail. I am sure he is on here somewhere :). The Misano Blue and Vesuvio Gray will be uploaded tomorrow as they are at my storage lot. Have a great weekend!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you're looking for a deal on a Stelvio Quad....I don't think they'll be out there at this point....too new....too few....However, if you're patient, there will eventually be unsold inventory that needs to be moved....Case in point...My Giulia Quad was sold to me at sticker in Feb of 2017....Which wasn't bad at the time as cars were being sold with a premium then.....A good friend of mine just flew up to Buffalo from Florida and scooped up a brand new Volcano Black with Sparcos and Red contrast door cards and lower dash Giulia Quad , model year 2017...for $62 K !!! Brand new, left over stock.....Not a bad deal indeed.....D

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
yeah, and the used ones can be had cheaper.
but on the prior page this dealer stated he's selling at list, now, and I expect that's about as good as it gets at this point.
but I'm not shopping.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Can't stop looking at the pics- these are stunningly beautiful machines, in all forms and colors. Art in motion. Can't wait to see and hear that Quad powertrain asap!

Looking forward to lost having 'driveway jewelery' or 'garage jewelery' soon.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
yeah - they've been at dealers two frigging months already, and they are holding mine at the port, why? because I bought from a small local dealer instead of a big one?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
well, I'm not alone, but in this case misery does not love company.

I am aware of just three people who ordered stevio quads first day- our one member here received his.
Two of us are ready to walk.
Good job, ARUSA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am also a Day One order victim of a Stelvio QV. I have checked in weekly with my dealer since February, and there has been a conspicuous absence of information on my vehicle. I was told in May that it was in Baltimore, but since then no information whatsoever. Interestingly I was able to find my VIN and window sticker after my vehicle was posted on my dealer's website as being "in transit" (unbeknownst to them), yet it has remained in such status for over 8 weeks. I contacted AlfaCare last week, and they wouldn't tell me anything more and suggested I speak to my dealer. My salesman says he has been pestering AR daily for the past 2 months to no avail, and I truly believe he has. Nonetheless, after I saw a Blue Stelvio QV in a St. Louis strip mall and I was told that none had yet been released, I had enough.

Last Friday, I went to my dealer (Lou Fusz Alfa, Fairview Heights, IL) and gave my salesman an ultimatum - Put me direct contact with the his regional AR sales rep by this Monday, and unless I had a firm delivery ETA before July 15, I was cancelling my order and placing an order with another dealer for a 2019 Jaguar F-Pace SVR. Monday afternoon I received an apologetic phone call from the AR sales rep, asking that I not cancel the order, and stating he would do what he could to determine the status of my car this week. I also gave him the same July 15 deadline, as I have never taken delivery of a car sale this late in the model year. Suddenly, yesterday morning, my salesman notified me that my car was now on a transport heading to them with delivery expected by this Friday. REALLY?!? The AR rep called me a little while ago to confirm the same. My Stelvio QV had shipped from Italy on April 11, arriving in Baltimore on April 25 where it has sat for the last 10 weeks. If I hadn't placed the ultimatum, my guess is it wouldn't yet be coming.

I find it appalling that the AR enthusiasts like us who have been pursuing the Stelvio QV since its first announcement, even ordering it Day One, have had such a lack of information. I inquired with my local dealer and the other one in St. Louis as to the availability of OEM rubber mats and matching rear cargo liner, and I was told AR didn't make them. After a little research, I was able to find a PDF of the AR Stelvio Accessories catalog with the worldwide MOPAR parts numbers including the mats and cargo liner (available with or without the subwoofer option). Despite giving the dealers the parts numbers, I was told neither existed. I did a Google search and was able to locate the OEM mats at the Alfa dealership in Naperville, IL, and I found the OEM cargo liner (with subwoofer option) in London, and I had them delivered via FedEx in one day from Naperville, one week from London. The dealers' reaction? None...

I have purchased a number of exotic and high-end specialty cars over the years, and I have never experienced such a lack of respect and lack of information for the very people who are the ones who will ultimately promote their brands the most...we the AR enthusiasts. I certainly hope my upcoming experience with my Stelvio QV doesn't reflect my AR purchasing experience in any way.

I hope my adventures may help any of you still in delivery limbo, and I will post more once it arrives...

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Skburger, so sorry to hear that they have put you through so much, let’s hope you take delivery of the car as promised and everything gets better on the ownership side.

You are right that they shouldn’t handle things this way, they need to improve communications. It really shouldn’t beas hard as they seem to make it.

Ray

1 - 20 of 96 Posts