Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all Alfaholics

I just purchased 2020 Stelvio for really good price. It's used with only 500 miles on it.... i couldn't pass the opportunity. this car will replace my wife's 2018 Stelvio that is leased, ending in a month. So i'm doing some upgrades. Since there are lot of issues with batteries on this cars, i want to install new AGM battery. I called dealer got the part # for the battery # BBH8A001AA, so cross that number to group 94R battery. from my experience I like bosch or interstate agm batteries, they seems to be good & last at least 3-5 years. Anything else do you guys suggest I should consider? Duracell makes agm too, but they're too new to have any experience.
Also, ordered start/stop module from Jason, @ Alfisimo. I think with that & new agm battery will sort out most of the electrical issues.
Already replaced start button with red one, so much easier than older steering wheel, but you have to remove steering wheel to do it.
BTW- love the new center console with redesigned shifter, italian flag & infotainment system. So far didn't have chance to drive car too much to report more..... to be continued.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I would expect 2020 model to have solved the battery problems, so would not expect there to be any benefit in replacing an almost new battery when there are no problems......

·
Registered
144 Posts
I wouldnt jump the gun just yet. But that's my 2 cents. Especially if you are disabling the start stop, etc. Some seemed to also stem from old infortainments staying on when owners would leave their cars, etc.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I wouldn't replace the battery if you're not having any issues. I have a MY2018 Stelvio TI I bought in March 2018 with a build date of Oct17 and the Varta battery has never been a problem. I live in Las Vegas and the heat here kills batteries, which usually last only 2-3 years on average. The general consensus on the forum for replacement batteries seems to be the Interstate MTX-49/H8 or Mopar BBAH 8800 AC. Both are AGM batteries.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I talked to the/my Alfa salesman during a recent reflash I asked him if any of the cars he has sold had a battery issue. Perhaps he is not the best person to answer, but he said "NO".

·
Registered
144 Posts
When I talked to the/my Alfa salesman during a recent reflash I asked him if any of the cars he has sold had a battery issue. Perhaps he is not the best person to answer, but he said "NO".
I would trust a sales person as much as a drug dealer for stock advice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts