Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
241 - 260 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio Ti sport
113 Posts
Thanks Alfatrooper for your kind offer. My Stelly has paddles and I use them regularly. This said, I have also found that I have trained her to be more athletic (in drive) by pushing her harder. After 1,000 or so miles of harder driving (in drive), her shift gates are very different now than when I bought her with 7k miles. I tried this ‘training’ after reading that Alfa’s ECU actually learns our driving habits and adapts to our preferences. Amazing technology. Very happy with my purchase.

In terms of what I did to her this week, I tinted her front passenger and driver windows to 50%, and wrapped the rear silver painted diffuser in gloss black vinyl. Also put a slight smoke on the rear bumper reflectors so they match the tail light color. All three changes together made a significant change in her overall appearance. She’s Basalto brown and the more subtle colors bring out the elegance of the Alfa design.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti
47 Posts
Used black plastidip on the rear diffuser/lower bumper area. Added a few coats of clear gloss over the black after. Also changed the license plate holder frame, honestly I think that probably made most of the difference.

What do y'all think? Now considering doing the wheels.. not sure about exhaust tips I kind of like the shine there.

Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire
Car Vehicle Plant Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
'18 TI Lusso AWD
623 Posts
Used black plastidip on the rear diffuser/lower bumper area. Added a few coats of clear gloss over the black after. Also changed the license plate holder frame, honestly I think that probably made most of the difference.

What do y'all think? Now considering doing the wheels.. not sure about exhaust tips I kind of like the shine there.
I did the same, but opted not to use the glossifier.

·
Registered
'18 TI Lusso AWD
623 Posts
Nice job on the black wheels, eventually I think I’ll get around to painting mine, so thanks for the encouragement

I changed my oil at 4K, then pretended I knew how to reset the oil change indicator. Then I debadged the Stelvio letters

kind of want to put TSI back on in tribute.
Painted my chrome license frame to look like it’s anodized red,

and most controversial of all, I smoked the plastic cover with a bit of red to give the whole thing a red tint.
Still didn’t stop me from getting some compliments about the Alfa from some passing folks

·
Registered
2022 Stelvio Ti Alfa white with Chocolate interior, premium package.
235 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
changed oil, reset using MES and bled the brakes. Didn't have 4 wheels on the air at the same time since my driveway is on a slope. lifted the two front wheels then one rear wheels off at a time to flush/replace the brake fluid.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
569 Posts
I hate the slope in my driveway, and I need to lower my AR in the next few weeks. At least two wheels will fit inside the garage.
It would be nice, if you could write a diy with the brake fluid flush.
I did it many years ago, on my first car 68 VW Bug, but I'm a bit hesitant on doing it on these modern cars.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I hate the slope in my driveway, and I need to lower my AR in the next few weeks. At least two wheels will fit inside the garage.
It would be nice, if you could write a diy with the brake fluid flush.
I did it many years ago, on my first car 68 VW Bug, but I'm a bit hesitant on doing it on these modern cars.
it's actually an easy job. Search for Brembo brakes fluid flush. I have a power bleeder from back when I worked on other cars and the cap actually fit on this one as well. This is a must since our brakes are NOT to be pumped. power bleeder
1. put the car in service mode, secure the wheels with a block or anything. If you don't know where the brake service mode is, this job isn't for you.
2. Attach the power bleeder to the brake fluid reserve, then fill up the power bleeder with DOT4. I used SL6 since I was very familiar with the product.
3. pressurize the power bleeder to about 10-15 psi and wait about 10 mins to see if the pressure drops. If the pressure drops on power bleeder, that means couple of things and do not proceed. Calipers maybe leaking fluid or connection to the brake fluid reservoir is not tight. if you see trace of fluid on your calipers, detach everything and drive it carefully to the dealership and get it replaced or fixed. use different cap provided with the power bleeder, otherwise.
4. I started with front passenger caliper then worked around clock-wise. Attach the extraction tube to the nipple of the front brembo and loosen while keeping the pressure constant at around 10-15 PSI. drain the inner nipple first then the outer one. You stop the bleed when you notice a difference in brake fluid. (color change) Old one will flush out first then the new one will start. (slight change) that's when you know that your caliper is done. move to the outer caliper and do the same. (much shorter than the inner one, time wise)
5. back ones only have one nipple. Do the same, while keeping the pressure on the bleeder between 10-15 and bleed until the color change. passenger rear, then the driver rear.
6. end up at the driver side front and two nipples again. inner one first then outer one.
7. you're done

rear one will take longer for color change but total fluid i used was close to a quart. since the sl6 were only $17 a piece at amazon, i bought 2 and opened two so I just went around and did it again to make sure no air bubbles were coming out. All were solid and I never saw any air bubbles in the lines.

there are videos out there for bleeding brembo brakes. Watch few of them and keep in mind that our brakes are brakes by wire so you can't pump the brakes. most hardest thing for this job is putting on the wheels and taking them off. (i replaced all the wheellocks to regular bolts to make my life easier)

it's not a hard job at all. I think it's easier than oil change.

Sorry I forgot... Your brake reservoir will be full to the rim as you depressurize the power bleeder. remove the fluid with a clean turkey baster until you are right below max line. it was hard for me to see it so I marked it whith a sharpie before the job.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
569 Posts
Thanks for all that. It is much appreciated.
Seems pretty straight forward.
How do we prove, that we did the brake fluid change, just with receipts, right?

·
Registered
704 Posts
no idea what that bridge scandal is but the procedure is the same for Audi, BMW and MB. Alfa isnt the only ones using brembo and complicated ABS. now i have done all 4 of those and no issues.

241 - 260 of 290 Posts