Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
261 - 280 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
'18 TI Lusso AWD
623 Posts
it's actually an easy job. Search for Brembo brakes fluid flush. I have a power bleeder from back when I worked on other cars and the cap actually fit on this one as well. This is a must since our brakes are NOT to be pumped. power bleeder

1. put the car in service mode, secure the wheels with a block or anything. If you don't know where the brake service mode is, this job isn't for you.
This is the standard service mode to replace the rear pads, correct?

You wouldn't believe the number of small shops that freak out when I say Alfa, plus there was a shop that just said, yeah, "I know how to do it, but I don't work on European cars"

Maybe it's worth buying a pressure bleeder?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Yes the regular service mode. I bought the power bleeder for Audi (with brembo brakes and amazing ABS) and used it on all the cars I had. keep in mind that ABS is electronic system. This is just fluid exchange system which works well on almost any brakes. Strange thing was that one cap fit on all 4 brands of the reservoir. Just make sure that you have enough DOT4 for your brakes. some brakes are larger than the others. Audi took more than a quart but 2 quarts usually worked for most. My calipers are smaller compare to QVs

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
569 Posts
Lowered my Alfa this weekend, with the Madness Sport+ springs and Megan Racing control arms. Car is to dirty to take pictures.
I don't recommend somebody to do this job at home. This is not your GTI lowering job. It is doable, but expect to spend two days to do the job. For me(I'm 55), in total took 15 hours, on the garage floor. I even had to machine off a bit(.010" each side), from the spherical bearing bushings a bit. Luckily I have some machines home(lathe/mill).

·
Registered
2022 Stelvio Ti Alfa white with Chocolate interior, premium package.
235 Posts
Installed a JB4 tune on my MY22..

For nontechnical me the hardest part of it all was mental; ie getting over the anxiety that I might screw up something that runs just fine already ya know what they say “ if it ain’t broke dont fix it!”

glad I did it though, I’ve noticed a little extra umph, not much, but discernible… I’m looking to add the gopedal when it arrives than I’ll be dialed in.

·
Registered
'18 TI Lusso AWD
623 Posts
Installed a JB4 tune on my MY22..

For nontechnical me the hardest part of it all was mental; ie getting over the anxiety that I might screw up something that runs just fine already ya know what they say “ if it ain’t broke dont fix it!”

glad I did it though, I’ve noticed a little extra umph, not much, but discernible… I’m looking to add the gopedal when it arrives than I’ll be dialed in.
if you don't mind, where did you source yours from ?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice! What Map are you running?
I didn’t order the Bluetooth connection that’s needed to run any of the other maps I think that means I’m running default (map 1 ?) which I felt fine for my purpose being just want a little more grunt that AR engineers left ‘on the table’ in the name of ‘margin/factor of safety’ . I won’t be tracking it or anything like that.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I didn’t order the Bluetooth connection that’s needed to run any of the other maps I think that means I’m running default (map 1 ?) which I felt fine for my purpose being just want a little more grunt that AR engineers left ‘on the table’ in the name of ‘margin/factor of safety’ . I won’t be tracking it or anything like that.
[/QUOTE
if you don't mind, where did you source yours from ?
got mine direct from burger

·
Registered
87 Posts
I figured. You're probably on Map0 then.

Thats the default, which is "no map". Map1 is the first map with any real changes.

261 - 280 of 290 Posts